GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,578 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Labyrinth» Forums » General

Subject: Metal Balls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Simmons
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy from Goodwill (of course), but it didn't have any of the metal game balls. Anyone know where I could get suitable replacements? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sandberg
United States
kentwood
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the same situation. There are some steel ball bearings on Ebay in the business and industrial section. I am not sure what size you would need but if I had to guess it would be ½’’ or smaller. Rather than pay $8 for some steel balls that may or may not work, however, I ended up deciding to use some clear marbles that I found at the Dollar Tree. The bag came with marbles in different sizes and when I pulled out the smallest ones in the bag they worked perfectly. So for $1 I got way more balls than I need for the game. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Simmons
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I ended up doing was taking the game with me to a hardware store and sorting through the steel ball bearings to find the balls that fit, buying one and a backup. I don't remember the cost but they were maybe $0.75 each. Your $1 bag of marbles idea is still pretty ingenious though, plus you get marbles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My set came with plastic marbles. Do the ball bearings make the game play better as the marbles seem to lack momentum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.