Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Leap Frog rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
Anyone here familiar with the game "Leap Frog" that was just released from Essen? If so, can you tell me if it's worth the high price of $40? I say "high price" because the components are little plastic frogs and plastic poker chips, aren't they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
$40??
I have had the game for some time, but have been waiting for a group of 4+ before playing it to reduce the randomness from the non-player frogs. Hopefully at tomorrow night's game session.

That said....$40 does seem high. I bought my copy direct from the Lamont Brothers (Frasor & Gordon = Fragor) for less than $20 (less than $30 if you include shipping to the US). If interested, here is the link: http://www.fragorgames.com/pre-order.html Shipping was via Airmail, so packet arrived to the US West Coast rather quickly.

Components are a bit more than just the frogs and chips. The chips are numbered 1 ~ 6 for each colour. In addition, there is a plate, and some glass beads (tadpoles) that can help take some of the sting out of finishing last. The following photo shows all the components: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/53700 including the numbers on the chips.

If I play the game tomorrow night, I will try to remember to post comments on the game-play. But for now, just wanted to comment on the $40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thank-you Richard
I just finished placing an order at Fragor Games for a copy of Leapfrog and I believe the total plus shipping was approx. $31.00, maybe a little lower ($30.59 I think). Anyway, thank you so very much for the tip! I live in Arizona so it shouldn't take long to reach me either, hopefully. Will look forward to hearing the results of your gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
I've played the game half a dozen times, against nine or ten people so far. Only one person has failed to have fun with it. Non-gamers have enjoyed it too, and have wanted to play again immediately. Is it worth $40? I wouldn't pay that much, but was happy enough to pick it up for around half of that.

It seems to work well enough with only three players, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a game that looked interesting to me, and I figured I'd pick up sometime. Looking at the pictures and reading the descriptions I figured it was probably a $10 game...maybe $15. Any more than that and I guess I probably won't buy it. Certainly not for $40. The most I've ever spent on a game was $38 and that was for an out of print copy of Durch Die Wuste and that included shipping from Germany to the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's Crazy!
$40!?!? I might pay $10 maybe $15.

I played it at Euroquest. For 6 rubber frogs, 36 poker chips, a small plastic bowl, a green plastic disk and some glass beads in a VCR tape case...that's kind of pricey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cost
I paid $27.50 when I got my copy from Game Surplus. I felt the price was a little high for the components, but it is a game which I know will get a lot of play which means the investment is well worth it. I don't think I would have paid the $37.95 which Funagain is charging, though I'm sure I will get more use out of the game than that.

Ordering it direct from Fragor seems like a good option if you wanted to save some money and the $30-ish is still worth it for the light, fun game if you think you'll be playing it. If you don't think you'll play it then $10 is too much, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Leach
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just from looking at the bits and knowing nothing about the game. Couldn't you play with just the rules and a couple piecepacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Leach
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I see that you have to bounce the frogs. Please strike my last comment. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.