Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: My National Game Week Event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play in a very small gaming group (I have 2 children and a wife that works nights, any gaming is great) that usually meets on Thursday's almost evey week. We usually have 3-5 people show up, and if everybody showed up we would total 7.

I asked (begged?) my 4 core group players to come on Sunday the 21st. I got commitments from all of them, but our other 2 would not be making it. I also invited 3 people from work who I thought would be interested (none showed up) and 3 family members, my brother(no), sister(no), and my wife's cousin (said yes, but a no-show). My wife was there of course, and one of the guys brought his wife also. So we had a suprisingly large 7 people.

Steve and Randy got there first, so my wife and I played Blokus with them. Randy won the first game, and Steve won the second.

Jason, Tanya, and Sean had all showed up. Sean needs to have someone watch his daughter at all times (don't ask me why, she's 2 and a good kid) so he sat out the first game of Apples to Apples. Dina won this game. Steve went to watch Sean's daughter, and beat us in the second game of A to A.

It was about supper time, so we all ate. Tanya wanted to play Mille Bourne, so Randy, Dina, and Steve played that, with Randy winning the game.

Jay and I were sitting watching the end of the NFL games, and decided to play some Streetsoccer. His daughter (1 yr old) started getting crabby and tired, so Jay wasn't as into the game as he might have been, and it was his first time playing, so I beat him pretty badly. I hope he'll give the game a try in the future, it's one of my personal favorites.

Jason and Tanya left, so Sean, Steve, Randy, and I sat down to play Transformers Armada : The Battle for Cybertron. Sean and I managed to beat the leaders, Optimus Prime and Megatron, and had a battle of minor charcters. Sean ended up out-lastimg me.

Sean went home, so we brought out my newest game Modern Art. Randy, Steve, Dina, and I had alot of fun playing this one. Randy won the first game. Steve won the second.

We ended up playing from 3 - 10. I was amazed at how fast time went by, and am hoping to not only have another Game Week event next year, but maybe throw a game day in the summer.

The one thing I regret about the night was that I wasn't able to break out the games I ordered from the NGW site. We wanted to play Carcassonne and Bohnanza, and they were brought up almost every time we asked "What's Next?" But they just never got picked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.