Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Zombies!!! anyone know... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
uuuunggggggghhhhh... I just finished playing my second game of ZOMBIES!!! and it's pretty cool Not deeply strategic but there is a little bit in there. A lot of luck, but we had fun nonetheless. We made a few modifications and house rules and it runs very smoothly and pretty fast now. Anyhow. To the point. I was wondering if anyone knows if the expansions for this game have to be purchased in order. Must I have Zombies!!! 2 before I get the #3 "Mall walkers" expansion? Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I don't think there's any sequence at all. Just get the expansions and start playing. The #4 expansion, the one with the dogs, is a stand-alone according to the box. But it can also be mixed with everything else.

You could end up with a 6 hour Zombie-fest if you put them all together and then got 6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yup, any order
The expansions can be added in any order. you can also play the two smaller expansions (#2-3) individually for a shorter game. you'll need the figures from the main set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Mods and house rules
So what are your mods and house rules that make play smooth and fast? I've all but given up on this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnar Sveen
Norway
Fredrikstad
Østfold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also suggest getting the Memoir '44 expansion for Zombies!!! It introduces the allied forces, and how they stumble over the Nazis occult experiments.

Our rules:
Zombies fall over on an Infantry-hit. Fallen zombies do not move, but stand up again next time that zone is activated. Fallen zombies may be shot again to be permanently removed. Zombies are also permanently removed on a roll of Grenade.

Lots of fun to be had!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Licata
United States
knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Magnar S wrote:

I also suggest getting the Memoir '44 expansion for Zombies!!! It introduces the allied forces, and how they stumble over the Nazis occult experiments.

I hate historical revisionist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel O'Connell
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Revisionist?
Magnar S, you are now my hero. Gonna try that out immediately.

Watchoo talkin' 'bout Clicata? Revisionist? Haven't you seen Hellboy? It's all true I tell you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 3 scenario campaign roughed out
that uses all the Zombie sets except Mall Walker's and Memoir '44.

It seems an experiment goes awry at a secret government lab

(Go figure, but it is better than an experiment going a rye at a secret government bakery. Unless you want to fight a battle against doughboys and gingerbread men. In which case the good guys eat the the bad guys. But I digress...)

and Zombies are unleashed on the nearbyby little town of...uh...Tripp, Idaho!!

I have basic Zombies, a bag of Glow in the Dark Zs and Z4 for the dogs, thus three types of Zombies w/different characteristics. (I'm a sucker for expansions...even bad game expansions).

The Shotgun guys are the local citizens and their families, the US Infantry is the National Guard and the German Inf is Delta Force.

Scenario 1: The citizens hole up in their homes and local game store and must hold off the initial wave until...

Scenario 2: The National Guard must fight its way to the town and extract those who have survived Scenario #1.

Scenario 3: Delta Force supported by the N.G. enters the gov't. compound to elminate the source.
familes.

Far too much to post here in detail but sooner or later it'll hit the geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heinzmann
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies!!!
I like these quickplay rules:
http://rwb.microsith.com/zombies/

When I first got the game I found these and liked the way they played. So I stuck with them.

Expansions: You can play the expansions on their own or in any order. Take the basic set and shuffle in the 'entrance' card into your basic set deck and when you draw as an exp, the 'Mall' entrance put the Mall deck on the table and you can place either a town tile or a Mall tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
the house rules I used
Setup
Remove the town square & helipad tiles.
Also remove:
(1) 4-way intersection
(1) 3-way intersection
(1) straight road
(1) corner road

Shuffle the remaining tiles and use them to start the map deck.

The town square tile is placed as normal.

The Helipad is placed as normal ( or optionally take out 1 more of each of the cards you removed and shuffle the helipad into those and use as bottom of the deck)

Gameplay

Turn Sequence Overview

1 Draw a tile from the map deck and place it (as normal)
2 Combat any zombies on your current space (as normal)
3 Draw back up to 3 even cards if you have less than 3 (as normal)
4 Move (players no longer roll for movement. Instead you may move a number of spaces equal to your current health + 2)
You must still combat zombies you encounter as normal.
5 After moving, move the zombies (players no longer roll for zombie movement. Instead, each player may always move 3 zombies 1 space each)
6 After moving zombies, you may discard one card if you choose. After doing so (or opting not to) your turn is over and play proceeds clockwise.

All other aspects of the game played as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Sapp
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
house rule
We decided that the "1 zombie per space rule" was pretty lousy for a game called Zombies!!! It might have been ok if they had only used one exclamation point, but not three. We decided that you can only place one zombie per space, but after that you can cram as many into one space as you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.