Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Help: Differences among Tactical Napoleonics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Can anyone point me to a concise description of the differences among the Clash of Arms "La Battaille" series rules, the SimTac tactical Napoleonics rules, and the Clash of Arms "Regulations"? Any thoughts on how these compare with other tactical Napoleonic games like GMT's Austerlitz?

What I'm most interested in here is specific observations from experienced players. E.g. "Game X and Y both cover the harassing effects of cavalry skirmishers, but X is a lot more complex without being better; game Z omits this entirely" or "X and Y both cover formation changes with about the same detail, but Y's rules are incompressible" or even "X's treatment is morale is historically inaccurate".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consimworld?
You might find some useful information in the forums at consimworld.com. I'm not positive but I think there might be a folder (or whatever it's called) specifically devoted to Napoleonic games. Good luck, if you decide to give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.