Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: San Marco ... need help. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Keller
United States
SmorgyLand
Maryland
flag msg tools
I was just given a copy of San Marco by Ravensburger. Everything inside is sealed (cards, bridges, etc.) but it's missing the "Aristocrats" pieces.

These look like (from the box & photos) to be about the same size as the old "Risk" wood army pieces. If I substituted older "Risk" wood army pieces, would that be about right?

TIA

Chris .... a.k.a. Smorgy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Leach
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
order some
1 cm quisenaire rods. They are for math instruction but they fit the bill perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are just small wooden cubes (white, yellow, blue, black). You could grab cubes from any game (E&T, Carolus Magnus) as long as you use a different color for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Moratti
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing stuff
Hmm--that's funny because when I opened my new shrink-wrapped San Marco it was missing 1 bridge. I have just sent my 2nd request for a replacement to them. Great game by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Wechner
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use anything at all
It doesn't matter what you use, as long as you have the right number and mix of colors really. Use buttons if you like. They are just place markers in areas much greater than the peices that occupy them (no crowding issues really) and to be relaly honest, it wouldn't be hard to improve on little colored cubes for aristocrats - heck I'd even say buttons are more appropriate (from their outfits ;-).

If you need to klnow how many and of which colors it should be in the rules, if not I'm happy to count mine up for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.