Jeff Fulton
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I've spent weeks looking for a board game I used to play when I was a kid. I only have flashes of memory about the game. It used marbles in a variety of colors that go through a variety of obstacle courses... one of which was called WAVY WATERS. I'm sure about that... again, the rest of the details are hazy... and any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to Board Game Geek, and promise to do what I can to help out down the line.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fulton
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Game
I think the game you're talking about here is Run Yourself Ragged (or the recent "remake" called Snafu). I'm convinced there was another game from about the same time period... similar in design and concept... but with a bifferent board and played in a slightly different manner. (I'm going NUTS trying to figure this one out.) Thanks for your input... I actually hope you're thinking of another game... because maybe it's the right one. =)

Thanks so much for taking time out to help me...
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel O'Connell
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Screwball Scramble?
There was a game in UK called Screwball Scramble, still is in fact, saw it in Woollies the other day for about £7.
You use the controls at the side of the board to guide a ball bearing through a variety of obstacles one of which is a wavy bit, where you make the waves go up and down, there is also a bit where you pick the bb up with a magnet and also a sort of "indoor maze" where you can't see the bb.

The old version had a timer which you had to beat, not sure about the current version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fulton
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Still Lookin'
Looks like Screwball Scramble is another variation on Run Yourself Ragged/Snafu. Same game different. Name I appreciate you all digging in and trying to help me... and I'm about 99 percent sure I'm not crazy.

Again, thanks from the new guy.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fulton
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Something Else I Remember
For what it's worth... I just realized I didn't mention one of the courses included a cury track the marbles must travel with controls that move it left and right. The track is not covered over like in Run Yourself Ragged and the other variations on that game. It's not a long track, but another one of the obstacles the balls must run.

Thanks again-- Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.