Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Honorable Geek Responds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Because CapAp wasn't around last week-end when I immortalized him on BGG, I figured his response to the thread about him deserved to be read by all. I am still amazed at finding an anomoly like Cappy... a Leftie with humor. here's what CapAp sez:

Content of comment from CapAp
---------------------------------------
GeekJournal Message - An honorable Geek
Boy, I do love the fact that there's a whole thread devoted to how great I am.

I just wanted to inject this into the conversation: fellow bleeding-heart liberals. Please be aware that Trippy is that most common breed of conservative - a man who espouses certain political beliefs more for the drama they will allow him to engage in than for any deep-held conviction. You're just taking his bait when you piss and moan. Trust me, i learned the hard way.

Seriously though, this bet was fun (would have been more fun if I had won), and DW deserves his reward. But the best thing is that it allowed Trippy and I, two people who couldn't disagree more on most issues, to get to know each other past the politics a little. I'd be proud to play a game with the man, and can almost guarantee that it would end with a fistfight.

Cap

----------------------------

Of course he's wrong, especially about the drama and the fistfight part. I'm not prone to drama and I usually don't get into fights. But I do pack heat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love is in the air...!
Now, what about a nice, calm game of Intrige or Diplomacy? Anyone? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
White flag redux
It appears a bleeding heart owes a major apology.
Tripp, it was not my intention to suggest that you should be censored, even though that's how it came out. Unfortunately, being the only Liberal in a House of Conservatives has taken it's toll. (My Dad is the King of Liberal Baiters, and my brother is the Heir Apparent. And I get snared every time.) My point was always that as a Gaming Site, it should deal with Gaming, like if I was at a political site, that's what I would want to discuss. I should be less of a hypocrite though, and follow the advice of another: if you don't like the thread, don't follow it. (Or something like that.) I think I need to follow that.
I do have a sense of humor. (I own almost all of PJ O'Rourke's books. Does that give me conservative street cred?) It's been lately buried under a ponderous weight of Being Overly Serious. So I think I'll make the effort to lighten up a tad.
I'm not trying to be all touchy-feely or sensitive or can't we all get along. If you tell me where to stick my apology, no problem. I have it coming. TRhanks for listening.
Tim the Bonehead Liberal
(I still think Bush is a jerk!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
berserkeley
Wow. You read PJ O'Rourke? Tim, there is hope for you yet. I'm serious man, really. I was reading PJ throughout his Nat'l Lampoon days, Car & Driver and Rolling Stone. He's the ultimate in Hippie liberal turned grumpy conservative. I don't think the Republicans like him too much though. But I sure do.

Anyway, no apology needed Tim, but I will cheerfully accept any that come my way. If I keep this up maybe I can end up convincing 4 or 5 of you sensitive types to come to my 1st ever Hickville board game week-end, which will be held annually at some future unspecified date at my sprawling ranch - Mosquito Acres - in the weird part of Idaho.

I'll keep you posted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Isn't O'Rourke nore of a Libertarian anyway? He is not really a conservative

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there...
I thought all of Idaho was wierd...
Thanks, Tripp. And, I was reading Nat Lamp from issue 10 or so. (Did you ever catch the OC and Stiggs issue?) Peej rules.
I'll be there with my copy of Dune AND my copy of Candidate. I've never beat my brother at it. Maybe I can show you the error of your ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IDAHO!
Oh, well that answers everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe CapAp would actually get into a fistfight. He fights like a girl! I know this cuz I taught him how!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.