Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: DING DING..."And the winner IS....." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
REINER KNIZIA!!!

In an epic battle for the ages and some other cliches!

Reiner Knizia beat The Incredible Hulk by a split decision to become the reigning "Boargame Celebrity Wrestling Champeen of da WORLD!!" The buzz is that very soon he will be coming out with a card-game version of the tournament. Each contestant has different numbers of cards with different strengths available...all shuffled into the same deck. For example, the Hulk has only one card...but it deals like megadamage of death and instantly kills whoever he's facing. So...you have to take him out before his card comes up.

Oh, and Darth Maul will be the toughest guy.

Does anyone know Reiner's home address or at least his email, so I can send him his trophy? I'd also like to forward his Geekgold winnings. (Very useful for auction games).

All the Hulk gets is one of my "Lots of People on Boardgamegeek.com Went to Essen and Bought Games and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt" consolation gifts. Let's hope its made of that stretchy stuff....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
People went to Essen? I wish there was some way to see what games they played and/or bought.

Congrats Reiner!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahem... yes, uh, Mr. Knizia has, umm, nominated me to... uh, collect the, uh, Geekgold for him.

Please deposit it to my account, and, uh, I'll see that he gets it...

* wipes sweat from brow

Umm... yeah... so like, thanks.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
I have it on good authority that there was massive cheating that occurred, and the it was actually the Hulk that won.

We have sent investigators to Florida to look into it.

In the meantime, please deposit the Geekgold award to my account for safekeeping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All Hulk supporter must demonstrate in the streets. Shut down all game stores until this the voter fraud has been dealt with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
welcome to america...
...where we put the mock in democracy. And rather than being outraged the general public is amused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S W E E T !
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Actually, we used to be outraged, but that was a few threads ago. We've all casually made our way from outraged to amused via still pretty bent and man that sucked.

I am outraged that you brought up our original outragedness, however, so GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

angryangryangrymeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I, for one, am outraged. And I'm takin' it to the streets on a long train runnin' all the way to China Grove.

What? No, I haven't been playing any Doobie Brothers tunes lately. Why do you ask?

What were we outraged about before that last thing (that shall not be mentioned)?

I'm tired of getting outraged about NEW STUFF. Bring back the old old pisseroffers so I can recycle old rants and old jokes. Recycling is better for the environment anyway. Just ask geosphere.

BTW, I like the game idea....it's outrageous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please stop posting here!
This thread is for those who are "incensed". The "outraged" department is down the hall to the left. Also, anyone "mildy amused" or "flabbergasted"...you misread the sign in the lobbey and have taken the incorrect hallway....please turn around and make a LEFT this time.

If you are looking for "incest"...ummmm.....come back at noon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Webster
United States
Littleton
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ukraine?
I have it on good authority (OK, mine) that the Ukrainian election commission is undertaking a boondoggle ... uh, junket ... uh, looking to emigrate(?) in order to see how a good election is run.

Expect a call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I am incensed! Either the fix was on, or it was those left wing loonies or a vast right wing conspiracy or something.

What do you expect when we leave something as important as this up to a sleestack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.