Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: eBay Purchases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Been on game buying binge lately. That's what happens when you are a game collector and you've been away from gaming for a few years... I had to scratch that collecting itch...

My eBay purchases consist mostly of OOP wargames. I play and enjoy games of all types, but I'm a wargamer at heart.

Here's a list of recent (month of November) eBay purchases:

Fortress America - A game I should have purchased when it first came out. I got a "gently used" copy in really good shape.

Puerto Rico Expansion - I don't have this game yet, but I have the expansion! Looks like the expansion will soon be available at retail, so grabbing a copy "just in case" may have been unnecessary.

Broadside - A lot of emotional baggage attached to this game. This is the game that turned me on to wargames. After playing this game, the slippery slope led to Panzerblitz and the rest of the Avalon Hill and SPI line of games (in what was apparently the "Golden Age" of
wargames).

Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage (unpunched) - I'm a big fan of the Card Driven Game concept even though I've actually played very few of the CDG titles. But any fan of the CDG system has to have this game. Now I do. Got an unpunched copy too! (It won't stay that way for long...)

Bismarck, 1962 version - I'm mystified by this purchase. All of a sudden I just had to have the "search for and sink the Bismarck" game I remember from the 70's. I guess I just like the idea of a game on this topic. Seems like it should be fun and interesting to play. Little did I know that there were two versions of this game. The 1962
version seems to get better ratings from being less complex and more playable than the later 1987 version.

London's Burning (unpunched) - Finding an opponent for games has always been a problem, so I was happy to see that the number of solitare wargames had ignificantly improved during my hiatus from gaming. This game gets good reviews and favorable comments, so when a copy became available, I grabbed it.

War at Sea - A simple, easy, but interesting game about WW2 naval combat in Europe. I have fond memories of playing this game (and Victory in the Pacfic too). I know I had a copy of this game at one time but can' t find it now. So I picked up this replacement copy.

Raid on St. Nazaire (unpunched) - Another solitare game that appeared during my gaming hiatus. At first I thought this game covered the Raid on Dieppe, but apparently there was another less famous raid. Good ratings and comments, so I grabbed this one as a "Buy It Now" when the opportunity presented itself.

The Napoleonic Wars (unpunched) - Another OOP CDG system game. Being a fan on the Napoleonic period, this is a game I just had to have. Bowed out of the first auction when the price topped $80. Picked the game up at a more reasonable price in a subsequent auction.

Bismarck, 1987 version (unpunched) - Decided I wanted both versions of this game. Why? Because that what collectors do.

eBay has been "very good to me." It's a wonderful marketplace and offers the opportunity to easily and affordably find and buy OOP print games that would have been almost impossible to find/buy otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww man
Fortress America?!?! I used to have that before the pipes in the basement ruptured in the winter cry I lost that as well as Risk and some other games
Well time to start saveing up to get a new copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Japan
Kawasaki
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
I know how you feel
I am on a similar binge at the moment and eBay is playing a large part. I also picked up some games via the site here. Got some other goodies lined up this week as well. Most of it will be solitaire stuff because its hard to find people to play with.

Oh.... I confess to outbidding you for the shrink wrapped Nappy. It arrived today. Glad you were able to get another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Keller
United States
SmorgyLand
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thanx for allowing me space to let all know about the games I'll be putting up on eBay all this month. They are from a rather large large private collection (should be about 600 items) and date back into the 1960s to the 1990s.

Currently, I'm putting up Fire & Movement & The General mags, with some more recent sealed & unpunched games starting tomorrow night.

Sorry, just had to get this little blurb in here

Chris ..... a.k.a. Smorgy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kermit Rickenberg
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
Antietam Strategy & Tactics - Lot of 4 War Games
I currently have a lot of 4 War Games up on ebay.

In Their Quiet Fields - Antietam

Terrible Swift Sword

Baton Rouge - Street Fighting in the Lousiana Capital

Panzergruppe Guderian: The Battle of Smolensk, July 1941

ebay Item number: 5938931755

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry McVicker
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my finds....
My recent Ebay purchaces...

1. We the People $56.94 shipped

2. Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Sleuth Binder Game (xmas present for wife) $18.49 shipped.

3. Empires of the Ancient World $29.05 shipped.

4. History of the World (93 AH version) $25.40 shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.