Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Question about "Kontor" w/o expansions.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
The expansions are so very hard to locate now for "Kontor". Is the game worth considering without them? Curious because it looks like a very interesting game and one I might enjoy. Just don't want it falling flat w/o the necessary components. Any ideas on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Shapiro
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Expansions
1. Play with the advanced rules and it is a good game.

2. Other than the four player expansion, I believe they are all available on BGG or at Bret and Board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I love Kontor! Just jump in with the advanced rules (which aren't all that advanced) and you'll be good to go. If you ever get bored with the set-up after a while, there are about 15 variants listed in the rules to switch things up. Becky and I haven't tired yet of the original game, but it's good to know those are there in the event we do.

Definitely worth getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thx all! Will give it a shot!
Alrighty! I feel much better knowing that it's a good game w/o the other expansions and will check into purchasing it, giving it a whirl and all that jazz! Appreciate the feedback! Thanks lots!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions
Other than the 4-player expansion (for playing as individuals), you can just print them out for free. I'm not sure if Mr. Cranky's wording was clear.

Even though it isn't listed on the www.boardsandbits.com website, they had the 4-player expansion available when I asked them about it. That was January, however.

Note that Kontor is often available extremely cheaply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.