Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: They're doing WHAT?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
So I'm browsing the upcoming game titles on the "Gone Cardboard" page of Gamefest.com, When, what to my wondering eyes should appear but an upcoming re-release of Dr. Rien-er!

Sorry, it IS December after all!

Anyway, I'm a Blue Moon fan and according to Gamefest, Fantasy Flight Games is going to be releasing a Special Set I and Special Set II of Blue Moon. I dashed over to FFG but not a hint is to be found. I also shot a quick mail email to Chris Dearlove who's the moderator of most of the Blue Moon forums around the net. The word for now is mum from him too.

So that leaves the question, for now, open to speculation. I fear that they're going to release the whole game in a single box, which would be great for everybody but those of who've already bought a complete set of what's available.

One of the things I love about this site is the conjecture of my fellow geeks, so I now open the floor to you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question on the spielfrieks message board a week or two ago and got no information. The most I got from Christopher was, "where did you see that information?".
I'm guessing that they're not just sets since there are 2 of them coming out next year. Well, I guess they could be 4 decks each, but I would think they'd wait until all the decks were out before releasing something like that.

April/May: Pillar and Special Set I
October/November: Aqua and Special Set II

I'm guessing/hoping Reiner has a whole new twist to add to the game with the Special Decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
I hope you're right Kane. Maybe the mysterious Rhul will be included? I just hope its not some kind of tease, or worse a deal where you have to buy a bunch of stuff you've already got just to get one new element. But as a fan of FFG, I think that's unlikely. We'll see.

BTW great GeekBadge. I wish the QB of my team (Redskins) was similarly productive. Hell, for that matter I wish we could keep the same QB for two or three years running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing
that it's just a repackaging of the sets already produced. Just a guess. I'm not interested in Blue Moon based on the art so no loss to me if it is something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.