Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: RC Hobbies---Has anyone ordered from them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
Just curious because I'd like to place an order, but haven't heard this site mentioned here at BGG. Do they provide good service?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S W E E T !
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not positive that it's the same place, but I tried ordering from them a few months ago (they have El Grande listed as in stock) and never heard anything. I tried to email them and it bounced. I tried to call them and their phone number is no longer in service. It was a yahoo store, and the ordering page worked fine, right up to where they emailed me an automatic invoice. After that--nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
I've ordered from Ron Charity (the RC in RC Hobbies) a couple of times, though I've bought from him in person more often. Never had a problem; I'd certainly order from him again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
Australia
Fitzgibbon (Brisbane)
QLD
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Always a good deal
By the way, the URL for RC Hobbies is not intuitive. It's http://www.hobbiesandgames.com/

The prices are good - typically the 30% off retail that you find on other online sites. As Ron Charity lives just a few blocks from me, I have ordered from him several times - I get online prices with no shipping charges!

I'd recommend him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Blankenship
United States
Owens Cross Roads
AL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's a moray!
mbmbmbmbmb
RC Hobbies
I've had good service from them in the past ordering Magic cards, but the last time I tried to order something, I never heard from them either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while.
Probably in the 2-3 year range. However, I never had any problems and at the time recommended them, though they did not have a whole lot of what I was looking for at the time. Then I lost my bookmarks, and, as someone else mentioned, their web address is non-intuitive. Maybe I'll have to check them out again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
Kudos to RC Hobbies!
I placed an online order last night with RC Hobbies and then called them a few minutes ago to make sure it had gone through because I did not receive an automated invoice. The only receipt I had was from PayPal showing that I had paid via credit card.

Ron Charity (owner of RC Hobbies) answered the phone and told me that he had received the order and in fact has already shipped the game priority mail, so should be in my hands on Monday!!! Can you believe it? LIGHTNING FAST! And by the way, he was extremely friendly over the phone, so chances are I'll be doing more business with him in the future.

And Kevin? I told Ron that you had recommended his site and retail store here at the Geek. Hope you don't mind that I did that!? Ron knew exactly who I was talking about when I added that you live only a couple of blocks away.

Thanks everyone for posting a response so quickly! I'm excited to have found a new place to shop for games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
Australia
Fitzgibbon (Brisbane)
QLD
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries!
I'm glad it all worked out, Rhonda. I knew it would.

As I said, I've purchased a bunch of games from Ron and frequently recommend him. He knows it and - I assume - appreciates the free plugs.

Cheers,

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going back
Well, I know other people have had ok transactions with them, but I'm not going back. I had a gift certificate from a convention that I wanted to redeem. They lost the first order and the second time I tried to redeem it, it took four e-mails to finally get the order shipped. Plus, at the time, their website did not support a way to place an order using the gift certificate they issued. There was no way to use the CG to pay for the order. All in all, a second rate web store. Go with GameSurplus, Funagain, Boulder or GameFest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.