Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Pictures by Rating... (Mostly OT) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
As the not-so-proud uploader of one of the poorest pictures on the 'geek, (At present; I'm sure that once more of my pictures are rated, some of those will join the list of appalling content, too!) I was wondering what the current "worst of all" picture was. Naturally, I went to look at the last page of "Pictures by Rating".

All the pictures there are rated 1 with 1 vote. The games are sorted by rating first, and then number of votes second - so the (as yet unique) picture with 6 1 votes places several pages from the end.

So I was wondering... Where's the dividing line? At what point should more votes count against a picture? A first notion would be to divide the range in half, so a 5 with 10 votes is a poorer picture than a 5 with 1 vote, and a 6 with 10 votes is better than a 6 with 1 vote. But that doesn't seem quite right either(*). At what point in the scale should more votes (confirming the inadequacy, perhaps) count against a picture?

*: Perhaps the fact that I'd be delighted to get a 5 on a couple of my pictures biases me against thinking of 5's as bad...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.