Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: GMT P500 and Winter 2004 Flyer: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve H
United States
Addison
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone been a part of playtesting, or seen the game Manoeuvre as a demo? In concept, it reads to me like a heavier M'44. (Heavy=GOOD!) Currently with 319 on the pre-order list. This one's got me very interested.

Also, GMT has some fantastic specials if you order now through the end of the year. I secured my copy of Caesar: Conquest of Gaul (HAHAHAHA, that should eventually cause the market on eBay to flounder like the Helvetii being routed in an out flank by Caesar's legions!) and Flying Colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Barnes
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P 500
I havent played Manoeuver but I thought it sounded like a heavier M'44 to. I went ahead and ordered that as well Conquest of Paradise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
United States
Addison
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conquest of Paradise
This sounds pretty intriguing as well. So many choices! I’m on the fence about becoming an Immortal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget Winds of Plunder.

If you haven't checked this one out already, take a look.

http://www.gmtgames.com/nnwp/sneakpeek.html

I'll declare an interest, I'm number 234 (approx) on the waiting list and getting impatient! It sounds like a hybrid between the traditional GMT games and the Eurogames genre, which should be extremely playable.

Tim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Japan
Kawasaki
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
[P500] Mine Too
Alesia
Empire of the Sun
Men of Iron
The Napoleonic Wars, 2nd Edition
Super Deluxe Map: Napoleonic Wars
Wellington
Flying Colors
Caesar: Conquest of Gaul
Simple GBoH Player's Guide
SPQR, 2nd Edition
War Galley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jost
United States
GIlroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rise of Rome
'K how bout those who hadn't been following the Rise of Rome changes? I was horrified that I'd bought into a *system* with hopefully a cool scenerio pack only to find out that my playing of the game was right. I'd bought v1.0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C&C ancients
If you want a heavier Memoir '44 you should also consider preordering Comands & Colors Ancients from GMT. It uses the Memoir '44 system and is suposed to be heavier. It got a complexity rating of 3 in the winter flier, Manouvre got a 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.