Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Almost completely off-topic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I doubt that anyone here is the least bit interested, but I am going to write it here anyway. I recently started a blog over at blogspot.com, and have been posting to it on a fairly frequent basis. It is hardly game-related at all (yet) but will certainly have some game stuff put there over time. Right now it is just a place for my idiosncracies to run rampant.

http://dormousedigest.blogspot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
King of Pain - The Police (Although some would argue, I think this song is better than "I'll Be Watching You")

You're in danger of losing your New Wave Geek license by misnaming one of the biggest hits of the era, "Every Breath You Take". cool

I'd question "Shout" over "Everyboy Wants to Rule the World", and "What is Love?" over "No One is to Blame", but otherwise the selection is pretty good.

Did you miss out on Seona Dancing's "More to Lose", Wire Train's "Chamber of Hellos", and the entire Duran Duran thing somehow? (Of all their stuff, I'd name "Wild Boys" as my favorite, with "New Moon on Monday" close behind.)

Regardless, very nice list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
some nice rambling Randall.

enjoyed your theatre Cosmic Encounters moment, definitely a moment to cherish.

so where DID Houdini get his name anyway, don't leave me hanging!

and did you know that Houdini is the one that gave Buster Keaton his nickname "Buster". it was after he saw Buster's father throwing him around as a child on the vaudville stage (Buster was BORN into slapstick!) and Buster did a fall down some stairs, you know, for laughs! and Houdini said "That kid is a real Buster!"
amazing that in those days you could bring your 5 year old son on stage with you and toss him around like a pillow. No child endangerment issues then, it was all for comedy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Richard, good call on "Every Breath You Take." Somehow I had missed that. The blog has been corrected. The first two you mentioned are unknown to me, so I will have to go find them and listen to them. Going back over my list, I am shocked to find that I somehow had CUT Duran Duran out, with it being listed in there for every previous iteration of this list. I will either include "Rio" or "Hungry Like The Wolf" although my favorite is Come Undone."

Koldfoot, I am sure that somewhere, at some point in time, Mr. Klew will bring his insights to the blogging community. I'll keep you posted.

Genre Fad, his name was an homage to his favorite magician, a man equally renowned for his clockwork figures, Robert Houdin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.