Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: 2 good French games to discover rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cédric Junillon
France
Lausanne (Switzerland) or Lyon (France)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to make people from other countries discover 2 very fine games from over here (France) with virtually no text.

Dungeon Twister:
Very little luck factor, brain wrenching game in a fantasy theme, chess players should love (should be playable online pretty soon)
for 2 people

Ys:
For 3, ideally 4 people, very smart game of bluff and majority, my discovery of the week-end.

(precision: I have no shares in the profit of this game, just wanna make them a little more famous)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric Junillon
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other countries?
By the way, do other small gaming countries have some unheard of gems?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
Cédric,

I've seen Dungeon Twister here on the 'Geek, but its not available in the U.S. Other than chess, can you offer any other games which you find similar? I'm very interested in this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Twister
Dungeon Twister is available on-line from a Canadian game store: levalet.com

I have ordered from them in the past and have been very happy their service. They are also trying to get the Paladins & Dragons expansion for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
Are the components language independent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Moratti
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ys
Yes, I am very interested in Ys. Do you know where to get it? The only place I know is Funagain and they want $56 for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ys
Levalet.com also carries Ys. It comes to about $54 (including shipping) if I remeber correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Among new french games, Hiimalaya and Skåål are also very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric Junillon
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Precisions
As I said earlier, Dungeon Twister in indeed language independant (rules are present in english here on BGG).
The only text on the game is the name of the characters and of the objects but I guess you can recognize the rope from the sword with the drawing

Ys is also perfectly language independant (rule book is in 4 languages and no text). I know it is quite expensive but it is the same price over here, because it has quite beautiful material inside...

I have not played Himalaya and Skaal and thus cannot judge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.