Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: The Assassination Game - *WINNER* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Round 10 Results:

mlvanbie was quicker on the draw, but his shot went wide. Yollege took steady aim, but his bullet went whistling by, leaving mlvanbie unscathed.

Round 11 Commences!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=viewcom...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling this ain't gonna be pretty...
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*Plays Music from Clint Eastwood movies*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Round 12 Commencement
(Well, with my Journal entry at the top of the front page, I think I should add the reports of the Duel here...)

mlvanbie again had the faster reaction, but again, all his bullet managed to do was spit up dirt. Fortunately for him, Yollege's gun jammed.

Round 12 Commences!

Try again boys...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It's Over!!
mlvanbie finally hits Yollege with a fatal shot.

The game is over. mlvanbie is the winning assassin.

Oh... and he gets 2GG for the last successful kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally!
What a long fight! I hear that Simon will be publishing some commentary, possibly including the strategy that I wasn't able to use. Interesting observation: it would have been worthwhile for a player to wait until just before the 48 hour limit to increase the chance of his target's target being killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Congratulations!!
The Prize of 1000 NetRunner Cards goes to mlvanbie. Michael, please send me your shipping address.

The choice of "secret number" was not evenly spread. As you can see from the pie chart at http://www.mcircle.org/ebaypics/tag_pie.gif the number 1 was not a popular choice.

The final state of the spreadsheet I used to keep track of the game can be seen here: http://www.mcircle.org/ebaypics/tag_xls.gif

Keep your eyes out for a new Assassination Game in the New Year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Posting a commentary
I will get round to posting a commentary... but it may have to wait until I can give it more time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures
The pictures show a lot of interesting things. 1 was a much more common bullet number than it was a secret number, for example. My near-death experience is carefully annotated, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Shaver
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Wow...
I was really disappointed that I lost, and I wondered if I could have picked a better number, but looking at the chart I noticed that it was mathematically impossible for me to have done any better. My killer was the eventual winner (in other words, no one successfully took him out), and it took him 6 rounds to guess my number!

I feel a little bit better. Though sad, for lack of NetRunner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
GRATZ!
YAY! for mlvanbie, and would the 'theme' song from that 'Movie', happen to be the 'one' that was performed by "Booker T & the M.G.s"? I've got THAT on 'CD' AND on my P.C., so I can LISTEN to tunes as I do this and that and what and how and when and why and where and which and while I while away the time, ya know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I'm reading it right did Yollege shoot me with the correct number the same round I shot mlvanbie with the correct number? Wow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Some unexpected results
What a fun little game. I nearly was knocked out early due to non-response. It was because I didn't realize that the game would speed up as players respond quicker. I was thinking that I had 48 hours between rounds and if I shot early, I would have 96 hours, but that is not how it works. For the better, I think. An earlier comment was made that it would be worth it to wait until later in the round, but I was thinking the quick draw would be better because otherwise you could be killed before you got your shot off. Count me in next game. This game was a good excuse to check in at BGG every day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats mlvanbie .

Damn, I didn't get my last shot in due to my gaming night . Oh well, at least I have a good excuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muahahahhaa... this may sound bad, but I'm happy mlvanbie won.

I took 5 shots at Yollege and didn't hit a thing. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestion
I have a suggestion that might improve the game:

As long as there are 3 players, once all but one of the players has shot, the round ends, so the person who is slowest on the draw misses his turn. This way the game doesn't reward the person who waits two frickin' days to shoot...

Or: Once all but one player has shot, the last one has 1 hour to take a shot before missing the turn... Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three players
We didn't ever have a three-player situation, but in that case you want to repeat numbers after you've tried a few on your target. You want your target to kill the person targetting you and then quickly finish off that player using your extra information. I did not use this technique in the game, but I was kicking myself when I realized that I shouldn't have fired the sixth bullet at bluemilker. OTOH, he would have had an even bigger letdown in the endgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jttm:

I'm shifty. Or else you are a bad shot .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
Thanks JTTM! You gave Yollage 6 shots at meyuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.