Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Blue Max rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man O Man I am playing the heck out of Blue Max at http://www.youplay.it/play/main.asp cool

I am not very good but it sure is fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Parker
Canada
Cobble Hill
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat site, glad to see Cartagena online. I've been wondering how that game would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Blue Max.

I have to say that Wings of War is slightly easier to play and learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing Blue Max there too, but I'm not always sure what I'm doing. How do you interpret the code beneath each move choice?

I've also really been enjoying Cartagena and I'm just about to get my first win. I am a real pirate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob VanBlargan
United States
Northampton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Move codes
The move codes are actually 3 bits of info. Only 2 are really important. The first group of numbers is only a manuever code and doesn't really mean anything. The letter represents which way you are moving L-left, R-right, S-straight. This is important when tailing or being tailed as this is what you will see when the pilot you are tailing makes a move. Or This is the bit of info you will be telling to the pilot that is tailing you. The third is the most importatnt as it represents your fuel usage for a given turn. You are only alloted a certain amount of fuel each dogfight. It also tells you which moves are allowed in the next turn. You are only allowed to increase or decrease your speed by 1 a turn. So you can't make a 1 move followed by a 3. Also the brackets represent stalling.

What screen names do you use at the site? I'm blan86 on that site as well so you may have already shot me down.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On 'You Play It' I'm, Robrob (surprise), I usually have a dozen games of Blue Max and Carteghena going at the same time. I can't wait for the Wooden Ships & Iron Men implementation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks for the info! I'm spaceghostx9 on youplay.it as well as games.com where i've been playing chinese checkers and rook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.