Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: ThoughtHammer rules! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got through making my first order with ThoughtHammer. I have one thing to say (besides the Subject above):
That's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also very happy with Thoughthammer's service. I missed the cutoff date for the orders before Christmas though... No problem. I've already done enough shopping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
yep
I had a great experience with Thought Hammer recently as well. Excellent prices, great communication, fast and free (with my order) shipping. Planning on ordering again soon.

Well, what did you order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well
I was going to order from ThoughtHammer, but they didn't have Bang! wow So I had to order from Fair Play, because that was the only place I found that had everything I wanted...

And yes, what did u purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
old bag
United States
Unspecified
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caleb - The way I read it is that they are already snowed under with lots of orders to get out. If they got greedy and kept taking orders then they may take on more than they can handle. That would then lead to orders not getting out in time and very disappointed people, I think it is a smart move myself! But then I am one of the smug ones who got their order in already and in hand!! ThoughtHammer rocks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
what I got
Oops! I got Tikal and the Puerto Rico expansion- $33.00, including S+H!
I understand why they can't ship until 1-3-05; not a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also believe Thoughthammer maybe the best place to buy boardgames and card games on the internet! There explanation of why they will delay orders after a certain date, is plausible and gives me the impression of being honest with delivery dates rather than rake in the orders and leave false expectations.

My order was: Tigris and Euphrates, Mahajara, Blokus, Lord of the Rings, Puerto Rico, Bang!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,
I made a big order, including a bunch of Christmas presents, that arrived last week. Unfortunately, FedEx manhandled the box and a couple of the games were worse for the wear. I sent off an email to thoughthammer and they said it would be no problem. Replacements are in the mail. I guess they are taking care of the FedEx claim (hallelujah).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stellato
United States
Grafton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a problem, but. . .
I placed a large order with them and they forgot to include a game. I emailed them and explained the situation. Sure enough, Alfredo emailed right back and apologized and shipped the game out the next day. Plus, he gave me 5% off my next order for the mixup. I have ordered from them six times and I must say that I have been more than pleased with their customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fairplaygames rules!!!
I have made multiple multi-game orders from Fairplaygames.com. They have better selection that Thoughthammer, great service and the are good people. They also match the free shipping if you ask...

Foob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Communcation?
I emailed Thoughthammer and got one reply. I'm an international buyer. I sent a further email to clarify and get shipping charges: it's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard back.

Oh well. Perhaps it's the Christmas rush.

Anyway, I do most of my ordering from Boardsandbits.

Prices are fair (comparable to most online retailers) and shipping is $12 flat for any amount of games anywhere in the US.

I recently had 16 games successfully delivered to a hotel in San Franciso where my Dad was staying on a business trip.

Great communication from Tom Powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John (Jay) Gettel
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree about Thoughthammer's Service. Their selection isn't big yet but great prices and service.

I ordered Attika, Goa, Memoir 44, Keythedral, Transamerica and Bang on Monday and they arrived on Friday. Everything was included.

The free shipping increases the value and was an important factor in my purchase from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their pre-sale service wasn't so hot. I maybe emailed 6 times got 2 replies. Placed a second order with them last night (fully aware it won't arrive until after Christmas) but post-sale they've been real good about letting me know when an order went into processing, when it would ship, etc.

I'd imagine that many of the post-cutoff date orders will arrive before Christmas anyway. In biz, I've always tended to give people a lower expectation like "I only ship on Weds." But then I'll take stuff to the mail on Thurs and they'll be so surprised when they get it "early" they're absolutely giddy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.