Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: The power of teh internets - Thanks Issac rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The power of the internet, and BGG in particular, was made evident last Friday as I had travelled halfway across the country, and yet found myself playing Age of Steam. A message here garnered responses that enabled me to meet at the home of Verkisto for a typical friday night of gaming, instead of sitting around my hotel room watching cable TV, or having to endure the Kareoke that was going on in the lounge...

In addition, I got to meet cornjob, malachai, Todd and a bunch of other folks whose names I'm forgetting. So "Issac", thank you so much for allowing me into your home, and thanks to the rest of you for allowing me to play. Well, all except for Malachai and Cornjob, who clearly conspired to bring about my railroad company's demise...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two maxims of travel to a strange town:

1- There's always an AA meeting somewhere.

2- There's always a geek somewhere too.

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
You're welcome! I was glad to host the night. I'm just sorry that we couldn't get it to last longer, since you travelled across the country for it.

Next time you're in town, let me know! We'll try to hook up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you made it Brad.

My only regret is that I was not able to make your ass into a hat more convincingly. But of course, I was a little busy with my own headwear in that game...courtesy of The Mad Hatter himself...Malachi. I think "Fred" had a good time too, even if that particular round of Age of Steam did not allow him to demonstrate the shrewd gameplay I have been able to observe from him on many occasions. If we'd played Modern Art..."Fred" would have been the hat-maker.

If you are in the neighborhood again...I hope we can repeat this whole bitter experience.

Good gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
any time.
It was great fun. It's always good to play a favorite game with new people. Helps to shake out some assumptions.

As I mentioned before, I'm glad you were outgoing enough to ask the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.