4 Posts

Doctor Who: Solitaire Story Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: No Way Out (e112+e089, general) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Snicker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, so going through an adventure, the Doctor has ended up in the Torajii System with no helpful bonuses (and not a Holiday, obviously).

By the fifth turn's event, he's had no plot events, no enemy events and didn't get "May [other Action] next turn" last turn.

Finally, the TARDIS was blocked off (e112) last event and he just got an Event (2) - Impassable Corridor (e089). To top it off, he only has 1 Aware in the group and less than 20 Brawn (with characters with 5 or less each).

So, no Relax (not a Holiday); no Explore (Impassable Corridor); no Investigate (no Enemy); no Seek Information (no Plot); no Research (no Goal); no Defeat Enemies (no Goal plus Impassable Corridor); no return to the TARDIS (TARDIS blocked)

He did get one location - so he can move there, and it could help. But I thought I'd put this up because it was possible that he hadn't gotten that location.
So what can he do? Would he have to wait, only rolling for events until something else was available (or the adventure ended) or does e112 actually give another option - Plan [Brawn] Action?

In short / specifically, e112. TARDIS Blocked says that you need Brawn 20 (you may plan) or to make a Brawn check by 5. So does the "you may plan" simply mean that the bonus +4 to Brawn from a successful plan contributes to that total or does it actually give you "You may take a Plan [Brawn] Action without a Goal"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeesh - not a lot of Luck there!

e112 - your first assumption is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Snicker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesomely enough, I went back to the location, found allies who knew who the Enemy was and stopped then on turn 12 with 1 DM. (Wanting to get further in the adventure before posting, though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seren wrote:
Awesomely enough, I went back to the location, found allies who knew who the Enemy was and stopped then on turn 12 with 1 DM. (Wanting to get further in the adventure before posting, though)

Way to go!

This game can really deliver some close shaves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.