Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Was wondering if there's an easy and balanced way to use the 60-card deck in this set as a 45-card deck playable vs. the out-of-the-box 45-card decks from the original Core Set. May get into deck building in the future, but also would like to be able to play "casual" and incorporate this House. Any thoughts/suggestions? Have already seen this excellent thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/520495/kots-and-pots-pre...

on the Core Set Forum - just wanted to see if there were any other opinions.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Staub
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering the same thing. I want to expand my 4 player core set into a 5 (Or six) player game as cheaply as I can.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sammual wrote:
I am wondering the same thing. I want to expand my 4 player core set into a 5 (Or six) player game as cheaply as I can.


This.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tagore Nakornchai
United Kingdom
Putney
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For Kings of the Sea, you can use 1 copy of all the Greyjoy and Neutral/Dual House Locations, Events, Atachments and Characters, (but 2 Iron Island Fiefdoms and 2 Gatehouses) + the 7 plots.

For Princes of the Sun:

1 copy of al the Martell cards (including Arys Oakheart and Summer Sea) - but 2 copies of Water Gardens and 3 copies of Dornish Fiefdoms
+ Former Champion, Parting Blow, Make an Example, Wars are won with Quills, When I Woke, Formal Petition
- Run the 7 plots from the box.

I'm not sure about balance (I suspect Greyjoy might be a bit weak compared to osme of the other core set houses and Martell might be a bit strong), but it'll be playable
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zordren wrote:
Was wondering if there's an easy and balanced way to use the 60-card deck in this set as a 45-card deck playable vs. the out-of-the-box 45-card decks from the original Core Set. May get into deck building in the future, but also would like to be able to play "casual" and incorporate this House. Any thoughts/suggestions? Have already seen this excellent thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/520495/kots-and-pots-pre...

on the Core Set Forum - just wanted to see if there were any other opinions.

Thanks!


There are 46 House Cards, if I understand the expansion well, not 60, You're counting the Plot cards as well as the regal cards which are to be included into the four core decks one each (as well as the so-far-nonexistent Martell deck).

That's at least the way I understood it. It's nowhere clearly written. I'm especially baffled how I can keep a king and lord of the same name in play (since they're not duplicates and they don't attach).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
[q="Zordren"]I'm especially baffled how I can keep a king and lord of the same name in play (since they're not duplicates and they don't attach).


You CANNOT have two separate unique cards with the same name in play, but you CAN use Robb Stark (who has the trait Lord) as a Duplicate on Robb Stark (who is a King). You may only have 3 Robb Starks (of any trait) in your deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
Zordren wrote:
Was wondering if there's an easy and balanced way to use the 60-card deck in this set as a 45-card deck playable vs. the out-of-the-box 45-card decks from the original Core Set. May get into deck building in the future, but also would like to be able to play "casual" and incorporate this House. Any thoughts/suggestions? Have already seen this excellent thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/520495/kots-and-pots-pre...

on the Core Set Forum - just wanted to see if there were any other opinions.

Thanks!


There are 46 [/b]House Cards, if I understand the expansion well, not 60, You're counting the Plot cards as well as the regal cards which are to be included into the four core decks one each (as well as the so-far-nonexistent Martell deck).

That's at least the way I understood it. It's nowhere clearly written. I'm especially baffled how I can keep a king and lord [b]of the same name
in play (since they're not duplicates and they don't attach).


I was wrong.

When we remove the 5 regal cards of other great houses, the deck falls down to just 42. It's under-powered when we keep in mind that other houses have 46 each.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.