Subject: Enegy track and procedures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yevgeniy Cherdakov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Finally got my hands on the game, skimmed through the rules... and stumbled on the energy track/procedure section which has kind of vague wording, imo, so need to clear the following points:

1. Am I right assuming that if energy points are gained during a draw, the players turn is over right after that so he can't, say, draw three tiles, discard one, exchange one and play one?

2. It seems impossible to gain energy points through both tile and HQ's hit point exchange in the same turn, yet the rules states that it can be done, so I'm missing smth...

3. Can procedures like Laser or Elimination be used during a battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
U_jhin wrote:
1. Am I right assuming that if energy points are gained during a draw, the players turn is over right after that so he can't, say, draw three tiles, discard one, exchange one and play one?

He can do that, though not in this order. He can draw three tiles, discard one, play one and then exchange one. He can do other things before exchanging tiles for energy points.

U_jhin wrote:
2. It seems impossible to gain energy points through both tile and HQ's hit point exchange in the same turn, yet the rules states that it can be done, so I'm missing smth...

Same thing, he can gain energy points through the HQ's hit points, and then through exchanging tiles.

U_jhin wrote:
3. Can procedures like Laser or Elimination be used during a battle?

Hm, no clue The rules say that they're useable "any time in his turn", so they might well be, but I'm really not sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Not sure... but I believe that gaining EP ends the player's turn.
2. Well, why not? You burn two tiles for 2 EP and sacrifice 2 HP of your headquarters for another 2 EP.
3. Nope. PlA battle ends a player's turn, so the battle itself does not belong to the turn of the player that caused it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yevgeniy Cherdakov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank's to everyone for a prompt response!

The rules are somewhat controversial stating that "During a draw, after rejecting 1 of 3 tiles, each of the remaining two can be exchanged for 1 Energy point" and at the same time "The player buys Energy Points at the end of his turn. After purchasing the Energy Points the player ends his turn."

MichallusTG wrote:
2. Well, why not? You burn two tiles for 2 EP and sacrifice 2 HP of your headquarters for another 2 EP.

I wasn't sure when exactly during the turn tiles can be exchanged for EP's or rather if it's mandatory for a tile-for-energy points exchange (which would end a players turn) to be performed during the draw.

Based on the commentaries given, I understand that the right sequence is 1) draw up to 3, discard 1; 2) play tile(s); 3) if any tiles left, player may exchange them for EP's and/or may gain EP's in exchange for HQ's hit points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
U_jhin wrote:
Based on the commentaries given, I understand that the right sequence is 1) draw up to 3, discard 1; 2) play tile(s); 3) if any tiles left, player may exchange them for EP's and/or may gain EP's in exchange for HQ's hit points.

That's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yevgeniy Cherdakov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimMierz wrote:
U_jhin wrote:

That's correct.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
mbmbmbmbmb
TimMierz wrote:
U_jhin wrote:

That's correct.

What if you play a battle tile? Can you still exchange a remaining tile and/or HP's for EP's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption is that tile for energy exchange doesn't end yout turn. Life points for energy exchange does end your turn so it's done at the end of your turn.
Anything else doesn't really make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.