GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,033 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: USPS Lost My Order!!!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Loeb
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered All Things Zombie: The Boardgame from LLP because they had the P500 discounted price. We have been getting a lot of rain so I wanted it delivered to my workplace, plus, my wife has been running the kids everywhere and chances are she would not be home to get the package. I thought it was a safe bet to have it delivered to work. Tracking showed that it was at my local post office on 6/11/10. I thought: "Great, it's Friday. One of our employees will pick it up with the rest of the office mail and I will get a chance to play it over the weekend."

Start Rant

Not so!!!! Monday rolls around and still no package. The person who picks up the mail started doing some investigating for me. It turns out that the package was sorted improperly by the mail carrier and delivered to another company. I go to the post office on Tuesday and talk to the supervisor. I gave her the tracking number and she states that it was delivered to the other company, but they don't know where it is, and chances are it will never be recovered, but they will try to track it down. It has now been a week and I hear that I need to go back to the post office with my receipt and they will provide a refund (probably in stamps). I don't know if I'd rather have the money(stamps) or the game. At this point I am so livid, I don't think I can go to the post office and keep a cool head. I keep picturing myself screaming at the supervisor and it wasn't even her fault. She is just the messenger. I am going to wait about an hour and cool down then see what they have to say. What I don't understand is that if the address is clearly marked on the package, why can't the person who signed for it just put it in the mail and deliver it here.

End Rant

This post is by no means a dark mark against LLP. The package was delivered locally very quickly, it's just lost now thanks to the USPS.

Have and nice day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Barchet
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrBishop wrote:
It has now been a week and I hear that I need to go back to the post office with my receipt and they will provide a refund (probably in stamps).
Take the stamps! You could get counterfeit cash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Solarinus wrote:
HerrBishop wrote:
It has now been a week and I hear that I need to go back to the post office with my receipt and they will provide a refund (probably in stamps).
Take the stamps! You could get counterfeit cash

Umm, he was dumb, that's why he got stuck. Always check your bills when you get them. Especially 100's, but 20's and 50's as well. I normally don't bother with 5's and 1's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Dragon Enterprises
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Richard!

Check with LLP and see if they insured the package. If so, then get the information and submit. Also, check with LLP and see if they will simply send you another game...

W. Rogers Abbott III
White Dragon Enterprises, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. That's never a good thing when a package is damaged beyond use or lost in the mail. Unfortunately, it happens.

There are a lot of plusses to your situation though:

1 - It wasn't lifesaving medicine or something that if you went without it would harm you and/or your loved ones.
2 - It was an in-print game.
3 - The Postal Service has offered some sort of reimbursement it sounds like.
4 - It wasn't part of a trade in which you gave up a valuable game and got nothing in return.
5 - It wasn't some arbitrary fifth reason to make this list a nice number.

I hate to hear that this happened to you, but keeping a cool head no matter how disappointed you are will go a LONG WAY when dealing with folks in this situation and others. Kill 'em with kindness (but don't be a pushover) and typically they'll take pity on you for not overreacting.

Hope you get the situation resolved to your satisfaction and remember...always look on the bright side of life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Loeb
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried getting to the post office and the police had the road right before the turnoff blocked. The blood pressure went up a little, but I just drove back to the office and gave them a call. I spoke to the supervisor, politely, I might add, and she advised that I call back in the morning to speak with the morning supervisor. I said thank you and will be calling back tomorrow.

Cooler heads always do prevail and I just needed to take a breath and step back for a minute (hour) to calm myself down.

I replied to the email from LLP that stated the package had shipped. I asked if the package had been returned back to them from the person who received it. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Keith, everything you stated is absolutely true. I hope that the post office will put me in touch with the person who received it and I can call them directly to get this resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gee usually they just break the stuff inside for me. Its like the guy comes to the door, puts the box on the ground, then stomps on it. Then he rings the doorbell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a small counterpoint.

I've had nothing but stellar service from the USPS for my entire life. They are an absolutely amazing organization. They deliver 584 million pieces of mail every day. They receive NO TAX DOLLARS and are completely self-sufficient. They are ranked as the 6th most trusted business in the United States.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:

They are ranked as the 6th most trusted business in the United States.

I bet that ranking is of absolutely no use to the original poster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Skadar wrote:

They are ranked as the 6th most trusted business in the United States.

I bet that ranking is of absolutely no use to the original poster.

Reminds me slightly of the newspapers. Guy dies in crash, story says drugs and alcohol played no part. I'm sure the dead guy is very relieved.

6th most trusted business royally screws you, I'm sure he feels much better about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Douglas
msg tools
We should all pitch in and buy the OP a "I trusted in the 6th most trusted business in the United States and all I got was screwed" t-shirt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russell
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wdragon3 wrote:
Hello Richard!

Check with LLP and see if they insured the package. If so, then get the information and submit. Also, check with LLP and see if they will simply send you another game...

W. Rogers Abbott III
www.wdeinc.com
www.wdebgg.com

I went thru this same scenario earlier this year with a shipment of three games from Florida.

USPS will not pay off on the insurance until 3 or 4 weeks go by without the package showing up. So calling LLP will result in them having to wait for that time to elapse before they can claim it on insurance.

I eventually got my Postal service package delivered to me right around 3 weeks on a 2 day ship. USPS DOES NOT track "way points" while the package is en route. Don't know why they wouldn't, but they don't. No one knew where the hell my package was until it got to my local post office. They literally don't know where it is and can't track it.

This is in contrast to UPS or Fedex who know EXACTLY where the package is when it goes thru evevry stop in their delivery chain. Got shipment from West Coast via UPS earlier this year and I could see it every step of the way.

Also, in order for me to get my package from FLorida to Cincinnati area, it went to Washington DC for cripes sake! WTF is up with that? I-75 is a main traffice artery going from there to here and is most direct. Why the hell does it go to Washington?

And to the person who thinks they don't get government money, LOL!! Very inefficient and poorly run arm of the government.

END OF RANT myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Michael
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:
They receive NO TAX DOLLARS and are completely self-sufficient.

They borrow money from the US Treasury to cover their deficit so they are not self-sufficient. They are actually very inefficient and would have been unable to survive without the US Treasury's support. They don't take direct taxpayer money because it would look bad so they take it through the back door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jassad1 wrote:
Skadar wrote:

They borrow money from the US Treasury to cover their deficit so they are not self-sufficient. They are actually very inefficient and would have been unable to survive without the US Treasury's support. They don't take direct taxpayer money because it would look bad so they take it through the back door.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for putting the target on your back, I need a new target because my is already shot to hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seyer
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theatre steve wrote:

I eventually got my Postal service package delivered to me right around 3 weeks on a 2 day ship. USPS DOES NOT track "way points" while the package is en route. Don't know why they wouldn't, but they don't. No one knew where the hell my package was until it got to my local post office. They literally don't know where it is and can't track it.

This is correct. USPS tracking numbers are really just delivery confirmation numbers. The post office is only obliged to scan in the package when it's delivered, it's up the whim of individual postal employees whether packages are scanned in at the connecting postal hubs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:
so they take it through the back door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russell
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jassad1 wrote:
Skadar wrote:

Thanks for clarifying the real truth about gov't run entities.

Just like General Motors "paying back" the huge bailout loan they got from US. What they DIDN't tell everyone is that they paid off the loan with other US Treasury money that the feds gave them so it would really look good that it was "paid off". BS. They haven't paid off a damn thing. It's like the Social Security "trust fund".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:

I've had nothing but stellar service from the USPS for my entire life. They are an absolutely amazing organization. They deliver 584 million pieces of mail every day. They receive NO TAX DOLLARS and are completely self-sufficient. They are ranked as the 6th most trusted business in the United States.

I so wish I could say the same. With a POB 1322 I get 1323, 1233, 1232 and no idea how much mail I lose to the same reasons.

And...FedEx has no idea where the road is where I live. I can not order from any place that only offers FedEx as I only can depend on UPS.

Sorry to hear about your issues on this matter and good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wdragon3 wrote:
Hello Richard!

W. Rogers Abbott III
www.wdeinc.com
www.wdebgg.com

I think this is sound advice. I'd say it's likely they will replace the game. I also think that if the USPS gives you a refund, it will be in cash, not stamps. I've had to get refunds from them before, and they never even mentioned paying me in stamps. If the bill is such a bad fake that a gas station attendant spots it, you should be able to as well.

Good luck,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game company might replace your order, at least game companies have been known to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
ddavidc wrote:
We should all pitch in and buy the OP a "I trusted in the 6th most trusted business in the United States and all I got was screwed" t-shirt.

Add to that "and all I got was stamps" - and then cover the t-shirt in stamps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
jassad1 wrote:
Skadar wrote:

Yes, the Postal Service right now is running a deficit, and has had to borrow money, this is not because they are inefficient, rather it is because the Postal Service has to pre-fund it's retiree health benefits. This is something that no other employer public or private is required to do. With this five billion dollars last year, the Postal Service would have been in the black.

The Postal Service is one of the largest Postal Services in the world, and easily among the best in terms of customer service, delivery speed, and also one of the cheapest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade wrote:
Skadar wrote:
so they take it through the back door.

So THAT'S how they got to be 6th!

Kraken Fan #69
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Loeb
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke to the morning supervisor at the post office and it looks like the package was sent back to LLP. I called LLP, they are currently at Origins, and they said they would call the person left back at the office to see if it arrived. They will call me tomorrow with a status update.

Way to go LLP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D.
msg tools
Student teacher and after school worker at Central Islip NY. The kids call me Mr. D
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard,

I'm glad your game was finally found. Shipping is too expensive not to get your box. It's just too bad it's going to have to be re-shipped.

For anyone that has a shipping problem with USPS in the future, and your local post office doesn't/can't/won't help, call 1-800-ASKUSPS. A representative should call back within 48 hours. If you still don't get any help, each postal district has it's own Consumer Affairs division; you can contact them.

Dave D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.