Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do mandatory card plays come with zero benefits? For instance when changing the year the game ends or when the British play Declaration of Independence, do they in fact get nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre Heller
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yescrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry

Oh I forgot you can decide when you want to playwhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think when we play in the future we'll give the player 1 Ops point for political play. I just can't see getting 2 or 3 out of 7 cards with no rewards as balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, knowing when the game could end may a big deal mid-to-late game. If you have a card that will end the game at the end of that turn, play early if losing and not recoverable in hopes opp must play a later war ends card. Play late if you are winning or trying to come-from-behind at the last round. If you have a card that will end the game late, use the reverse strategy.

May be useless sometimes, but may be game-changing other times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
butsam wrote:
May be useless sometimes, but may be game-changing other times.

Yeap... In the 1780 turn i was in a losing position but i had 1782 in hand which i played as my last card just in case my opponent had a better War Ends card. Well... his last card was 1780... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MartinStever wrote:
I think when we play in the future we'll give the player 1 Ops point for political play. I just can't see getting 2 or 3 out of 7 cards with no rewards as balanced.

Sounds like someone who never played We the People! You could easily have half or more of your hand useless in a given turn. The relatively few no-OPS cards in the new game are a great relief and improvement. But changing them entirely would strangle some of the challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.