Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and the IT guy at work played the battle of kursk yesterday at lunch. It was an extremely tight game but I managed to pull off a Russian victory by 1VP.

My infantry in the right flank were wiped out, but the infantry in the center and the tanks shifting over from the left secured the city. What really helped me secure the city was two infantry assault cards two turns in a row.

It was looking grim with German getting three victory points in one turn due to some precise dice rolls. He was at six and I was at five.

The way I managed victory was to get an assault center card which let me shift all the tanks forward to the front lines in front of the city. Then the next round I managed to pull off a close assault and wipe out the two German units I needed to win.

It lasted exactly one hour and was a very tense game throughout.

This was my first game of M44 and I am hooked! Such a great game of strategy/luck played at lighting speed. We have agreed to play M44 at lunch every Friday now. Eventually when I get all the expansions we will start playing the campaigns in all the different theaters.

Now if I could get some other people at work interested, I could get a M44 game in every day of the week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just glad the IT guy liked it! I think it's a great game to play and I discovered it at a comic book shop while one of the other IT guys was buying comics. I saw it, new nothing of it and purchased it - fantastic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Pack
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really love this game too. Never played anything but the original MM'44 scenarios... looking forward to getting and trying some of the expansions. It is a fine balance between strategy and luck. And it's not the luck of the dice that kills me sometimes (since you know the fixed odds of the rolls)... it's the luck of the cards that make me angry sometimes, when you're out of good cards it can make your own turns go so slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.