Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to leave a story about Asmodee like the ones about Rio Grande and Z-Man but I can't. Instead my badly assembled edition of Mission Red Planet remains just that, an edition with missing text on some of the cards, black magic marker on the game board where I would assume the poorly cut and placed sticker still revealed some white was touched up. Plus the split tokens that came out of the box that way. Instead I post this. I would not be posting this if anyone from Asmodee had taken the time to contact me after having sent the email a week ago. Followed up today with another email, and I know I could wait a bit longer, but I feel the need to vent. Anyone else have dealings with Asmodee either positive or negative?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy of Mission: Red Planet when it first came out. Back-folding my board I had it split in two right in my hands (had never had that happen before and I've been board-gaming for over 30 years). I contacted Asmodee and they sent out a replacement board very quickly, unfortunately I could tell it was the same type of board that split and it would come apart too easily if I tried back-folding, so I used some duct tape on the back of the board and it has held since. Ugly but effective.

Upshot is that I was happy for the quick replacement but they never did really address the problem of the manufacture of the board.

Good luck with hearing something positive back from them on your issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I had some miscast dice with my Formula D which were placed in less than a week after purchase.

I can't fault them for their customer service, although this was the european branch, the american branch may perform differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCann
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee, at least the U.S. branch, seems very unresponsive. I had a problem with one of the figures from Dungeon Twister 2. I e-mailed them a couple of times and still no response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
mbmb
As I've said elsewhere on BGG before I wasn't impressed with their customer service either.

The short version is that I bought Dungeon Twister when it first came out,when I heard there were replacement sets for the very flimsy parts from the first run available, so I contacted Asmodee. They said to talk to my store, the store said they didn't have any and to talk to Asmodee. This loop went round several times til I got fed up being told to go elsewhere for answers and gave up.

IMO Asmodee shouldn't have be so damn dismissive with me, after 3-4 emails it must have been obvious I wasn't getting anywhere with the store but they persisted in telling me to go away as if it wasn't their problem. I still only own one Asmodee game and have no intention of picking up any others, once bitten and all that.

I'm not a nay-sayer at heart and I have nothing but good things to say about Both Z-man and FFG customer service both of whom were polite and very helpful when I needed to contact them.

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In reference to today's email that you sent,Asmodee may be away, Origins starts tomorrow and they are attending.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
You kidding?

I got a copy of Cairo by Schmidt Spiele missing all the dice and one large cube.

I sent a note on their contact page and posted on their forum.

Almost two years and no word.

But, I kind of doubted though that I'd ever get a reply as it appears based on the German part of their site that they don't like replacing parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to get 2 damage markers for Formula D replaced. I have had no response to my e-mails from either France or America/Canada. It is quite annoying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the general consensus is that there is no customer service, I think I will be refraining from any Asmodee purchases for the foreseeable future. I literally HATE looking at the map of Mars. I love this game, but this is really very disappointing. The lack of response is just inexcusable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They were quite responsive in replacing my mission red planet misprinted cards and a few extra disks that were missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found they were quite helpful when I contacted them about a replacement base for Dungeon Twister back in January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph K
United States
Orchard
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my copy of dice town came with one less set of poker dice. I emailed them and they sent me a replacement set quickly.

it's bad that the game came incomplete but good that they fixed it.

i'm happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I e-mailed them about a missing Formula D die and they replaced it quickly and painlessly, so nothing but good reports from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
I e-mailed them about a missing Formula D die and they replaced it quickly and painlessly, so nothing but good reports from me.

I am JEALOUS. I just want my copy of mission red planet to look pretty. Instead it looks like one of my print and play efforts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hanley
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

we have been having some email issues in the last 2 weeks and may have lost some emails.

If you have purchased an Asmodee game from a North American retailer and you are having any problems with it, please email us at contact_us@asmodee.com, and we'll take care of it asap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCann
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick,
Thanks for responding about the e-mail issues. I have e-mailed Asmodee, 4 times as of today, and still no one has responded. I'm getting a little tired and frustrated with the lack of communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just back from Origins, if any of you didn't have a response before July first, send it at this address: s.brunell@asmodee.com.

Like Patrick says, for an unknown reason a lot of emails sent to contact_us@asmodee.com didn't reach us, sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, here in the UK I think I'm wasting my time. The Euro branch never replies to my e-mails and the US branch simply washes their hands of the Euro branch! It is simply 'not their problem'! What a helpful company they are!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try the distributor of Formula D in your country like I propose in the last mail I sent you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a missing sled in Snow Tails and it was replaced all the way out here in New Zealand within a week by the Paris office. And then... I realised they had misunderstood that by 'sled' I meant the sled meeple and they'd sent the cardboard sled game-piece. Contacted them again and they once again supplied the missing piece within a week. No complaints from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
david_os wrote:
I had a missing sled in Snow Tails and it was replaced all the way out here in New Zealand within a week by the Paris office. And then... I realised they had misunderstood that by 'sled' I meant the sled meeple and they'd sent the cardboard sled game-piece. Contacted them again and they once again supplied the missing piece within a week. No complaints from me.

Great game, too! Massively underrated, I reckon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I can't vouch for the quality control on the production end (had some issues with Dungeon Twister 2), I've had nothing but good, responsive, customer service from Asmodee US. They shipped replacement pieces very quickly and responded to my emails within 1 or 2 business days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.