Popular Tags: [View All]
Thales Martins
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I was checking some games with war and politics ,for 5 or 6 players, like A Game of Thrones and Warrior Knight, and I was told that this is a nice game, speacilly because of the high amount of conflict..

So what dou you thnik about it??

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
Theme = Crap.

Next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thales Martins
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malteh wrote:
Theme = Crap.

Next.

I know that the theme is stupid...but I know some stupid themes, that in the end were pretty good games...

Now, despite the theme, how is the game??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Clowsewitz
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my gf's favorite games. It doesn't have any politics so if that's what you're looking for, count this one out. But it has plenty of screwage and you draw cards to battle. So it also has a fair amount of luck. But nothing's funner than building terrorist cells in your opponent's country or sending a nuke into Central Africa, destroying every country it borders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually not a bad game. Mix in risk with some wicked negotiation with some euro style resource gathering for developments, then add into the mix a free radical evil player action, and wham you got a pretty cool game. Lots of interaction, sometimes too much.

You could stay that you have some sort of political reasoning for not playing the game, and that's fine, so be it. But if you are looking for a good game, War on Terror is a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the game because I was intrigued by the theme, for what it's worth

Unfortunately, I never got to play it, and the gaming group that might have played it already did before and didn't really like it back then. Who knows when it'll see table time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Madsen
Sweden
Bandhagen
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thalescnm wrote:
Hi guys,

I was checking some games with war and politics ,for 5 or 6 players, like A Game of Thrones and Warrior Knight, and I was told that this is a nice game, speacilly because of the high amount of conflict..

So what dou you thnik about it??

Thanks

I don't know of any other game on the subject than Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ? that is coming out this autumn from GMT games. It looks to be two-player only, though.

/kgm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gallardo
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a few years since I played it last but...
the one aspect that I have not forgotten was that it was overly lengthy in terms of play time.
Felt like an infinite series of act/react then everyone bash the leader (& repeat).
It is in desperate need of a "doomsday clock" mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four hours of my life I'll never get back. My main question is, why play this when you can play Risk? shake

Painful attempts at "satire," too much luck even for Ameritrash, truly vicious levels of screwage and gang-up-on-the-leader, and not even a teaspoonful of fun. Levels of frustration that defy the term Sisyphean. It might work a lot better if it had a built-in clock or expiration limit...but think about it...a game that needs to be ended artificially is *how* much fun in the first place?

More importantly, this gem has an Improving Lesson. You see, the war on terror is *pointless and cannot be won*, kids! Which enlightening truth you too will come to learn after laying up an afternoon (and possibly a couple friendships) upon the altar of sacrifice! If there's anything I loooove, it's a purportedly entertaining activity that teachifies me somethin'!

Along with The Ungame, I think this one's a primary candidate for grillin'. Pictures to follow, once I find an abandoned copy in a junk store somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried it out at AnimeNEXT this past weekend (though we made some mistakes with the rules) and the theme is so completely tongue-in-cheek and politically incorrect that it does require a certain mindset to play it, but we found it to be a lot better than we anticipated and was a lot of fun, though it did take a lot longer than we expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D K
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As the terrorist you don’t go after the strongest team, you go after the weakest. This will let you get more money quicker and you set up to kill the strongest player. Out of all the games I played it always ends up with the terrorist winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.