Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I've just posted the necessary files to download and print my newest game: Maziacs the Boardgame.

The link is on the game's page.

It's a solo/coop game about searching for a hidden treasure on a randomly generated maze populated by Maziacs, dangerous monsters that will most probably kill the hero if he was unarmed.

It uses tiles to build the maze and a mechanic to generate a unique path to the treasure. This path is generated as the player asks prisoners that can be found in the maze for the correct way to the treasure. It plays fast and I think it is fun.

BTW, the game is based on Maziacs, a ZX Spectrum game by Don Priestley, who was kind enough to let me use the name for this "port". Thanks to him for being so nice! You can download and play the original game here: http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0003100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Just reading the title to the post made me feel old... I just thought: Maziacs, the Spectrum game? I loved that game!

The first time I played Maziacs was at a friends' from school, who had his ZX spectrum hooked up to a B&W television.
I did not have the game at the time, but I was lucky and my parents allowed us to connect the ZX to the family room color tv.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When my parents got me the ZX Spectrum (back then, a newly released 48+ model) it came with a small suitcase full of tapes. Maziacs was in there and quickly became a favorite. It's such a simple game but works wonderfully. I still play it today (now using emulators) and even my 6yo son who is used to playing on the Wii enjoys it. It's one of those games with timeless appeal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
The windows remake seems to live at
http://remakeszone.com/zips/maziacs.zip
I'd suggest running it in Sandboxie - unless we have a computer security wizard here to give it the OK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.