Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
O.k, don't laugh at me but I need someone to give me a link to a site that sells CLEAR card sleeve protectors that cover the WHOLE card. The "colored" Ultra Pro sleeve protectors work, but every brand of clear card sleeve protector I find, just the smallest bit of the card sticks out of the top----Aghhhhhh! I can't stand the idea of any part of the card not being 100% enclosed, especially before I open my Mediterranean cards up because I've been warned they are not very durable. Don't they make a durable, CLEAR, sleeve protector that covers the whole card.

Thing is, I enjoy seeing the graphics (nationality logos) on the backs of the cards but it seems I'm in the minority because the OVERWHELMING amount of sleeve protectors are MANGA ORANGE!, or some FIRE BREATHING DRAGON!, or HALF NUDE NYMPH! I want to see German crosses and Russian stars on the backs of my cards, not Pokemon sillinessyuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keesvanloomacklin wrote:
Pokemon .......yuk

I'm not laughing at you, but such slurs aren't acceptable in public discourse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, sorry David. That better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Veilleux
Canada
Levis
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The solution : Mayday Games card sleeves. The "Card Game" (green) type is absolutely perfect for Combat Commander. 63.5mm x 88mm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexei Gartinski
Jordan
Amman
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Mayday Games: http://maydaygames.com/index.php/gaming-accessories/sleeves I have just sleeved all my Combat Commander: Europe decks: they fit perfectly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I sleeved mine before Mayday offered their sleeves. I used BCW Clear Sleeves (2.5" x 3.5") which is a very standard size. (Also called Magic sleeves. You don't want the smaller Yu-gi-oh sized sleeves.) I don't like the thin penny sleeves, so went with a thicker sleeve:

BCW Deck Guard - Clear

You can order direct from BCW and they are often available on eBay as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
alexeigartinski wrote:
Try Mayday Games: http://maydaygames.com/index.php/gaming-accessories/sleeves I have just sleeved all my Combat Commander: Europe decks: they fit perfectly

Thoose are in preorder soblue

calm (or not so)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend KMC deck protectors (from Japan). You can get them here, where I do, or any number of other places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your generous responses. I've ordered like 700 sleeves. Can't wait till they get here. Now I can get rid of those bright Euro-style flamboyant card sleeves when my order arriveslaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brader
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KMC sleeves are by-far the best I've used. All of my CC:E,M, and P are in clear KMC's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
johnbeapirate wrote:
The KMC sleeves are by-far the best I've used.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, why doesn't anyone just use baseball card sleeves? That's what I use, they're cheap, and seem to work perfectly. Is there something wrong with them, or something that makes more expensive protectors better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
cmontgo2 wrote:
why doesn't anyone just use baseball card sleeves?

If these are what I think they are - I called them "penny sleeves" in my post above (because you usually get 100 for less than a buck). I find them to be to thin and prefer a thicker sleeve on my gaming cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong with the "penny" sleeves. When I originally sleeved my CC cards that was what I used. I wanted to get my cards sleeved before I began using them and I wanted to play the game ASAP. Our local collectible store only had the penny sleeves. But after meeting Richard and playing CC with his set I decided to hunt for the thicker sleeves myself. I've settled on the KMC clear sleeves for my CC sets.

The other difference I've thought of is that the cards can partially fall/slip out of the penny sleeves easier than the KMC sleeves. Not a constant worry, but it did happened from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you find drawing from a sleeved deck? Since you have to go back to the fate deck constantly do you find you have trouble with it slipping around and toppling over? I used a sleeved deck with Twilight Struggle, it was fine but we only hit the draw pile when dealing a new hand, so limited interaction with it?
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you note the sleeves can sometime make a full deck slippery. But I've not had a problem when the deck is flat and I am drawing cards from it, unless I bump it with a good deal of force. When it usually acts like a greased pig in my grasp is when I am done edge shuffling it and then grasp the deck between my fingers and thumb as I go to set it down. If you put the pressure points on the deck greatly off center, you run the risk of the deck squirting either out away from you or inwards to your lap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that was what I saw with the TS cards, I removed the sleeves once the corrected cards arrived. I think the durability of the TS look better than those of the CC:E cards. So I think I might Sleeve those.
and pick up a tuck box for each.

We'll see.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.