California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out some preview images/info here:

http://www.ludonaute.fr/ludoactu.php?lecture=20
http://www.yggdrasil.ludonaute.fr/

Only in French though. shake

Looks like the second one has some kind of poll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
The first doesn't say much more than what you already know via BGG.
The second is a contest AND also a poll.

Contest: write a sentence related to each deity; literally: Your mission: "Find a sentence / quote / legend corresponding to each northern deity". The winner(s) will get two copies of the game and two issues of Plato magazine.

Poll: vote for the 7th deity (it will be included in Plato magazine as a "mini-expansion").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks! From the website, I wonder if the game will be French only. I hope there are English rules included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello,
in our website was a contest ; but it is now closed.

To answer your question, the game will be available in french, english and german and distributed in the United States and Germany.

Stay tuned for more information...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
HI,
the rules in English are now avalaible in our website : www.ludonaute.fr.
Feel free to have a look
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any remarks about it (before the 15th of july, later will be too late )

Anne-Cécile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Page 3 refers to a "red bag" (that doesn't seem to exist) and not to the green bag (that is shown).

Page 9, "army of the Vanes" should be "army of the Vanir".

Page 10, when explaining combat, refers to "die's value". However in all other occasions the die is only used to determine a colour. I understand that as "value" you intend the number of "crossed hammers" (or whatever they are supposed to represent) icons, but maybe it'd be clearer to say so (i.e. "add the number of hammer icons rolled" rather than "add the die's value").

The difference between Angry Enemies cards and normal Enemies cards is not explained anywhere; is it written in details on the cards themselves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Thank you for your help.
I have corrected the mistake with the bags and precised the hammer on the die.
About the Angry Ennemies, their cards will be with lightning. It is quite clear with the components. But I add it in the description page 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ludo naute wrote:
Thank you for your help.

My pleasure.
By the way, at the beginning of page 8, the French "éventuellement" has been translated "if you need to", that in this case doesn't make much sense. "If you wish" or simply "you may" would be much clearer, in my opinion.

ludo naute wrote:
About the Angry Ennemies, their cards will be with lightning. It is quite clear with the components.

I see (and I'm curious about Angry Jormungand and Angry Nidhogg, since their effects aren't proportional to lightnings, or what to roll to placate Angry Fenrir with 3 lightnings plus the extra one; I can postulate Nidhogg moving two enemies instead of one... oh well, I'll have to wait until Essen ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jensen
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi

What type of resertch did you do on ragnarok and the nors mytology, have anny good sorces. I have not bin able to find anny realy good books or other information about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Daje10 wrote:
Hi

What type of resertch did you do on ragnarok and the nors mytology, have anny good sorces. I have not bin able to find anny realy good books or other information about it.

If you weren't swedish, I would have said a great starting point (and by starting, I MEAN starting), would have been Edith Hamilton's Mythology. However, If you're really into it, and I mean willing to trudge through dry dry ancient writings, the prose and poetic eddas are the only place to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
Just wanted to say that I have read the rules and I am extremely excited for this game - when does it release in the U.S.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, for a children's reading level, sea of trolls is QUITE awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, do you have a U.S. distributor and estimated time of release in the states?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi,

Eventually, Yggdrasil will not be released in october but later in the year 2011. We are presently looking for U.S. distributors. Be sure it will be avalaible in the U.S. but I can not give you a specific date now.

I shall post news a.s.a.p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
But that will only give us a one year to play it before the end of the world in 2012!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Best of luck with it, whenever it comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cowles
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the cards are translated into English - can you amend Odin to have an eye-patch goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QuickBen wrote:
When the cards are translated into English - can you amend Odin to have an eye-patch goo

Odin doesn't have an eye-patch on the drawings but you can see that his left eye is closed/damaged.

So, it does follow the traditional mythology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.