David Mihola
Austria
Wolkersdorf
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently looking for a set of card tiles/tile cards to take along on our summer vacation. I am living in Austria so the primary choices I am aware of are all those mentioned above - could anyone comment on the piece quality of any of those or compare them to each other?

Are the (German) Jumbo Rummikub tiles identical to the Austrian (Piatnik) Rummikub tiles? How do they compare to the tiles included in Rummy from Schmidt Spiele or to the Weico Rummy tiles?

(I am primarily looking for tiles - the rules included with each of those sets is mostly irrelevant to me as it seems that you could almost any card game with any of those sets).

Thanks for any replies!

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Zelller
Germany
Schramberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidmihola wrote:
I am currently looking for a set of card tiles/tile cards to take along on our summer vacation

Since you considered the Jumbo edition, weight and size don't seem to be an issue. Therefore I highly recommend getting the Club Edition with the thick tiles in the handy bag:

There are no tile holders, as the tiles stand for themselves and it is good for transportation with that bag as long as weight isn't critical otherwise a card version might be preferrable. The tile quality is fantastic. They are "clacktastic" and if you like you can play 3 or 4-player Lexio with them as well. Almost as good as the real thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mihola
Austria
Wolkersdorf
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for taking so long to reply - I was still hoping I'd get a few more opinions...

Thank you for your recommendation - in fact, your posting in the Lexio forums was what made me think of getting a set of tiles to play card games with... I like the look of the Rummikub Club tiles, but I think I may go with the Weico Super Rummy Set, simply because it includes 6 colors/suits and that would make to possible to play some games like Lost Cities or Schottentotten as well - without having to take so may different sets of cards with me...

Thanks again!

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.