Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: FFPWiki [+] [View All]
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it the intention of the minion counters to be double-sided, thus restricting the total number of minions in play? It seems if the minions are printed single-sided then 24 is a fairly large number of potential minions!

not that I'm whining about them...they are just toys after all cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely print them like those in the box: double-sided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Was there ever an official answer to this? I printed mine single-sided. If I were to double them up, what would go on the back of what? It seems odd that that info isn't mentioned with the pdf....or did I just miss it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
Was there ever an official answer to this? I printed mine single-sided. If I were to double them up, what would go on the back of what? It seems odd that that info isn't mentioned with the pdf....or did I just miss it?

I EMailed FF directly and got this as a reply

"They should be double-sided (so there are fewer total). This is intended to keep the pressure on by encouraging the Heroes to defeat enemies rather than simply avoid them."

Was from Jason, or at least his EMail.

Happpy Gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thebobymon wrote:
jcb231 wrote:

I EMailed FF directly and got this as a reply

"They should be double-sided (so there are fewer total). This is intended to keep the pressure on by encouraging the Heroes to defeat enemies rather than simply avoid them."

Was from Jason, or at least his EMail.

Happpy Gaming!

Thanks for the info, but that doesn't make sense....wouldn't MORE minions make it harder to avoid them? If there are only six minions max on the board, it is pretty easy to get around them.

Also, did he mention how the characters are supposed to line up? I assume it is a soldier on the back of every bear and cannon, but that creates a situation where you have to swap out tokens if you need cannons and they are all in use....so I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When a minion needs to be placed and there are no more the track moves toward darkness by one. So keeping them off the board is key to this villain.

I did cannons bears on backs of soldiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems the most logical, and how the layout on the PDF seems to intend. Stuffed bears only come out 1/6 on the minion chart, BUT they come out 50% for Murder! as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thebobymon wrote:
When a minion needs to be placed and there are no more the track moves toward darkness by one. So keeping them off the board is key to this villain.

I did cannons bears on backs of soldiers.

So as a follow-up question, if six soldiers are on the board, and they all happen to have bear backs, what do I do when a new bear is called for? Is it okay to swap a bear-backed soldier for a canon-backed soldier?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Hey Guys,

Just to clear things up, the intent is that the block of square Minion counters on the left (12 Toy Soldiers) are intended to be side A, and the block of square Minion counters on the right (6 Bears and 6 Cannons) are instended to be side B. Therefore, you should have a total of 12 square Minion counters:

6x Toy Soldiers/Stuffed Bear
6x Toy Soldiers/Toy Cannon

As normal, if you ever need to place a specific Minion on the board but cannot (as there are none of that Minion left to place), move the Shadow Track 1 Step closer to Darkness instead.

Note, it is ok to swap Toy Soldier counters around between the ones on the board and ones that are not yet in play, to free up a Minion that is on the reverse side.

-Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jason!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you SO much for answering this! We Touch of Evil fans can finally put this issue to rest now.

jchill7 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Just to clear things up, the intent is that the block of square Minion counters on the left (12 Toy Soldiers) are intended to be side A, and the block of square Minion counters on the right (6 Bears and 6 Cannons) are instended to be side B. Therefore, you should have a total of 12 square Minion counters:

6x Toy Soldiers/Stuffed Bear
6x Toy Soldiers/Toy Cannon

As normal, if you ever need to place a specific Minion on the board but cannot (as there are none of that Minion left to place), move the Shadow Track 1 Step closer to Darkness instead.

Note, it is ok to swap Toy Soldier counters around between the ones on the board and ones that are not yet in play, to free up a Minion that is on the reverse side.

-Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.