Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: OT: Mav #1 FBP #14 MTG? SC=GG! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer. ~John Madden

The BGG Football Pool, the richest Geek Gold contest ever devised, would like to salute Joe Scoleri (aka The Maverick), who has surpassed the reclusive splat0169 to become the richest Geek in the world. Let us all face Fort Knox, drop to our knees, bow our heads, and worship at the alter of...

...........................................Amen.

In the NFL, Philly, Atlanta, New England, Pittsburgh and Indy have all clinched playoff berths. This late in the season the teams have pretty much shown all they've got so predicting winners becomes easier. Unfortunately, it also means that one miscue will kill you, and indeed most players in the football pool were mathematically eliminated before the late games had even begun. Surprisingly, the pool still came down to a Monday Night total points tie-break with jim.brooks10 holding the higher total, and since the Chiefs and Titans combined put 87 points on the board, he easily won the Week #14 pot of 17gg!

Here is the current NFL playoff picture: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7917332

Speaking of cash, how much can you spend in this Froggeresque flash game of halftime snack grabbing: http://www.playfootball.com/games/fanfrenzy/

Or, if you'd like another gaming quiz, try Magic: The Gathering Rulings at: http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz.cfm?qid=139563&origin=http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/hobbies/games/magic_the_gathering.html

Maybe a good rule in life is never become too important to do your own laundry. ~Barry Sanders
---------------------------------------------------------

Sports Challenge...

Two point Conversion: The first person to post below a picture of future Hall of Famer Chris Carter wins 2gg!!

Extra Point Oddity: The first person to post below the name of the geek that has somehow managed to spend his/her way to a balance of -5 geekgold, wins 1gg!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Zipfel
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trick Question
This is a trick question, Chris Carter will never make the hall of fame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Miss Honey has spent her way down to -5.

There's no way I'm posting a pic of Cris Carter though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, do I get some kind of a bonus for spelling Cris Carter's name correctly? I'm not even a Viking fan and I know how to spell it. Sheesh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG CC No HoF? lol
If Cris Carter does not make the HoF, then they might as well bulldoze the entire wide receiver wing of the Hall (except for the spot that's marked, "future HoFer Jerry Rice")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Winner! Winner!
Ding! Ding!

Chaddyboy_2000 wins 1gg for the Miss Honey extra point, and 1gg for being a smartass!laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Who ever knew that being a smartass could ever pay off!?! Thanks Gial!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Hageman
United States
Hugo
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CC
not sure how to post a pic so hers a link of CC and others

http://www.hbo.com/infl/hosts_correspondents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh... You do need to post a pic, which means you need to find one here at BGG. To post it, click on "image" next to the text color choices. A new window appears prompting you for a BGG photo ID number. Type in the number and hit OK. Then post it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Ooh, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no takers eh? I'll up this to a Field Goal - The first person to post below a picture of future Hall of Famer Cris Carter wins 3gg!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he was a Buckeye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I have to do everything around here?
I hate to poullte this journal with an image of Cris Carter, but...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Winner! Winner! Winner!
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Chaddyboy splits the uprights, wins 3gg, and shuts out the competition!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GG Misers
Wow, in under a year Splat0169 has posted 477 pictures earning 2108 GG. He/She has 1408 games in his/her collection but hasn't rated a single one and has no lists, comments, journals, avatar or anything at all.

Not that Splat0169 has to do any of these things but it just seems odd to me. Why would an obviously fanatical collector go to all the trouble to enter their voluminous collection and to upload scads of photos but then choose to remain silent? A collector without an opinion about their collection, that has got to be a first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually more incredible than that. splat0169 registered on Jan 10th 2004, and his last Profile Page update was on Mar 9th 2004, so he earned 2108gg in two months! That's a record I don't think anyone will break!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I'm not worthy!
LOL! I'm not even sure how I got that much... was there a GG bank robbery someplace???

Let me also recognize that there are plenty of other users here that have contributed much more than I have in many other facets of BGG that I don't participate in (or not as much), so hats off to them too! Especially the reviewers and session reporters... something I hope to do more of in the future.

And, of course, thanks to the big men that run the show!

And thanks (?) to the behind the scenes administrators who want to reject all my photos and game entries!

Why would an obviously fanatical collector go to all the trouble to enter their voluminous collection and to upload scads of photos but then choose to remain silent?

It does take a lot of time to enter that much (wish I had DSL since day 1 here!), so I can see where he might have been too exhausted to do anything else...

the Mav

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.