Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I can't wait for this gme to come out. The first 2 editions were great sci-fi political/war games, the 3rd edition looks to be even better. It has stream-lined rules, better bits and all the extras from all the expansions. It has a hefty price tag of $80 but it looks to be worth it.

Man I can't wait.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/12493

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to ThoughtHammer.com, stop misquoting price

And yes. I just need to find players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Retail price is $79,95

Why don't you stop being a jerk in other people's journal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ebay
Have you considered how much you are going to have to sell yourself for on Ebay to afford this game?

What is in this game that makes it so expensive? Is it made with real Aliens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but you won't have to pay $80 so it's more like $52. When you're buying it, you're supposed to brag about how you found it for only $52. This can continue until maybe 2 weeks after you buy it (though at this point the verbage changes to 'I bought an $80 game for $52, I rock!'.

At some point (basically when it becomes annoying) you roll back and call it an $80 game.

It's all in how you show it.

Big meanie, I sent your eBay link to like 100 people

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Karvonen
Finland
Tampere
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me. Absolutely. Probably the game I am waiting most eagerly right now.

Hopefully it won't cost too much even here in Europe. I'm still shocked about the 90 ? pricetag on HeroScape. Luckily FFG seems to have an efficient distribution system on this side of the Atlantic as well, so it'll probably be quite affordable. Well, as affordable as a game with 80$ price can be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... I'm getting pumped for it -- but I'm also p*ssed that I purchased the 2nd edition less than a year ago. What gives!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah!
Yes this is my most anticipated game for me this year. I was really hoping that it was going to be ready by Christmas, but alas, I have to wait until January.
I will probably sell my near mint copy of TI 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im sorry justin, its hard to read what people are saying on the internet. But , I assure you I will buy the game as cheap as i can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1st & 3rd will be totally different and that's cool with me.
I have the 1st edition (which I love) but from what I've heard, the 3rd edition will play drastically different than either the 1st or 2nd and that's great by me. I'm going to keep both editions and play whichever one I'm in the mood for.

Although 2nd edition did have some improvements that shortened the game overall, I still enjoy playing 1st edition more as it feels more "epic" to me. Whether it's the longer turns (making a longer game overall) or different tech system (planets make certain tech less expensive & tech tree) that makes the game feeel more like a computer game, I really like the slow build-up of empires that seemed to occur in a more pronounced way in the 1st edition.

3rd edition will be like a remake of a favorite movie, but with the same director and an up to date script.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be willing to bet, the bits for the third edition will work perfectly for the 2nd and 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.