Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tatsuki Niida
Japan
Okayama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi everybody!

My Japanese friend Joe Yamasaki(gccw1800) got Geek of the Week.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5176605
It's a great news for Japanese Geeker.

Congratulations, Joe!!
Enjoy your special weekthumbsup

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Since the old GotW picks the new GotW does that mean that asian geeks will be taking over the prize for the immediate future? Enquiring minds want to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Nordican wrote:
Since the old GotW picks the new GotW does that mean that asian geeks will be taking over the prize for the immediate future? Enquiring minds want to know.

There is a tradition -- but not a rule -- that the old GotW should pick the new GotW from a different continent -- to avoid exactly this problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Yamasaki
Japan
Okazaki
Aichi
flag msg tools
You give me the name then I will search and give one.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcclark wrote:
Nordican wrote:

There is a tradition -- but not a rule -- that the old GotW should pick the new GotW from a different continent -- to avoid exactly this problem.

It is(was, for me) a little challenge to pick successor because you have to have or find a friend from different continent. But this is great tradition and I totally agree with this because we will know each other from all over the world. Hoping we will have next Asian GotW in near future. I will cheer and do my best for support him/her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.