GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,486 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Bushido: Der Weg des Kriegers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Warrior honor - add it up first? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a situation just arise..

Samurai lost in a duel. He loses half his warrior honor to the bushi. The bushi also gains warrior honor equal to the provincial honor.

Do you do the duel loss first and check to see if the warrior honor marker gets an extra bump from landing on an already occupied space, or do you total all the gains and apply that figure?

If the former, the bushi player will have one point more honor after the sums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation:

Just as a battle would removed units lost in a battle first, the results of a duel should be actioned first, so the Samurai's honour should be deducted before any bonuses for the province are obtained by the Bushi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, Nick. Thanks for giving your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
My interpretation...

I see it differently. Both fighter honour counts are part of the same battle result and together they are the Bushi's gain, so you do the sums first and then move the counter. This is also what the example says: "...The Bushi gets 6 Samurai honour, ...". It does not say "...gets 4 plus 2...". Counting each result separately could lead to 2 "sliding" gains in case of a sucessful Bushi, and even 4 in case of a successful Samurai. This does not seem to be the intention of the "sliding" rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.