GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,715 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie question about jumps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
When making a jump, the Admiral chooses one of two cards for the destination. Do the other players get to see the other card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Most definitely not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
if you are the admiral and cylon you want to choose the shortist distance card, and then respond "well you should have seen the other card">
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I figured and what made sense; I just couldn't find it in the rules.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
artmark wrote:
if you are the admiral and cylon you want to choose the shortist distance card, and then respond "well you should have seen the other card">
Or just blame others for NOT scouting when they should have. That helps remove the bad/short destination cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
That is what I figured and what made sense; I just couldn't find it in the rules.

Thanks

Wow. I see how you it might be mis-interpreted. Reading Page 13 (and again on page 14's example) it says "the Admiral Draws two cards". I deduce that as secret because drawing cards is always a secret. It doesn't say "the Admiral turns over two cards".

and it's not page 20's Secrecy - Cards in the Decks , as that refers to "the ability to look at the top card of.."

So it comes down to my observation above. It's "draw two cards" not "flip over two cards".

(oh, and while the rules text refers to drawing a crisis card, it also specifically states to read it aloud)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.