GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,500 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Igor Kwiatkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which types of roads count for tracking Russian supply? The rules in their present form have some misleading elements. 5.3 says "[major road] is the only road in the region capable of supporting the Soviets' extensive motorized supply network" but it is written in in a way that could very well be just a historical note, not a rule. Trails are listed under the paragraph "Roads", but they are not called "roads". So what is it?

Can you split your 4 hexes off-road allowance? Ie, I need one hex to join the road, then along the road can I take an extra two-hex off-road detour if a road hex is blocked by eZOC? It says in the rules that after you go on the road the path has to then be contiguous, but it's not as clear as it could be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will forward to Mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Which types of roads count for tracking Russian supply? The rules in their present form have some misleading elements. 5.3 says "[major road] is the only road in the region capable of supporting the Soviets' extensive motorized supply network" but it is written in in a way that could very well be just a historical note, not a rule. Trails are listed under the paragraph "Roads", but they are not called "roads". So what is it?

Yes, the bit about the motorized supply network is just a historical footnote. And trail is considered a type of road. In game terms, all 3 types of roads are treated exactly the same for all purposes, except for Soviet armored units' movement.

Quote:
Can you split your 4 hexes off-road allowance? Ie, I need one hex to join the road, then along the road can I take an extra two-hex off-road detour if a road hex is blocked by eZOC? It says in the rules that after you go on the road the path has to then be contiguous, but it's not as clear as it could be.

I'll try to fix this part in the rules to make it clearer. You can cross up to 4 hexes of any terrain type (including road) in order to reach your "ultimate" supply path road, but then once you reach it you must follow that road. So the only way you could only go off the road and then rejoin it, and still remain in supply, is if you managed to do all that within the space of 4 hexes.

Consider what supply represents given a 90 minute game turn. There aren't literally supply trucks bringing you food or bullets each turn. Instead, these units are in contact with their HQ. As such, supply state does not affect combat in this game- only Recovery die rolls. Units which are in contact with their HQ- whether by highway or goat trail- can better rally, better receive replacement troops, etc. Most units did not have radios.

Thanks very much for your questions! I'll try to reword these rules so as to avoid any confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Kwiatkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everything is clear now. To be honest the part about not being able to split the off road allowance was clear already if you read the rules very literally (like you should in a wargame!) - it was me seeing something that wasn't there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.