Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Wreckage or Wings of war rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabusan
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mb
Both Wreckage and Wings of war are available at my shop, and I'm wondering if I should buy one of them or both.

Both games seem similar to me, am I wrong? It seems Wreckage allows you to cose the weapons for your car, which seems a fun concept, but Wings of War seems to have a really neat movement system.

Does anyone have both games? How do they compare?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
ATLANTA
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wing of War
Wings of War is an awesome game. Great fun and easy to learn. I can't wait for the expansions to arrive.

I haven't played Wreckage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both
I own both games, but have only played WoW. I think WoW is a simpler, elegant game, but both are comparable ("pseudo-miniatures" type of game) by type.

Wreckage gets you a little more variety (weapons systems, "terrain" to interact with). Rules are a little more complex, but not bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Williams
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both and have played both...
My recommendation is that if you are only getting one game, get Wings of War. It moves along the fastest and everyone that has played it has had a great time. Conversely, with wreckage, the people I have played it with are not interested in playing it again. While I enjoy both, I do like Wings of War more than wreckage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are great.

Wings of War is 'easier', more elegant.The cards look great.

But I like the dirty mad max mayhem of Wreckage. There are heaps of combat weapons, upgrades, etc. The designer says that it's best played with real matchbox cars.

Most people agree that WoW is overpriced for what you get.

Wreckage, being part of the FFG Silverline games is CHEAP! you get alot of bits in that small box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I quite like them both. They are different enough to justify owning the two of them.

Wings of War is much smoother, but because of its fluidity you may find yourself flying in circles near the end hoping to get a good shot in.

Wreckage is clunky, there are constant questions of whether or not you can turn, how to fully facilitate the special cards, and what you can do when someone is on top of you and other silly stuff can be egregious. But the reward is in the level of fun.

If it were a choice I would choose Wreckage. I only own Wreckage, but that is only because WoW keeps selling out. I will have both soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.