Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another quickie math trade for leftover items from the recent Canadian Math Trade. Please have a look over the rules as I've made some slight rule modifications from the last Math Trade. Please pay close attention to all dates as this is a relatively short Math Trade.

Trade GeekList: Canadian Leftovers Math Trade

Request GeekList: None (Use the discussion thread for any special requests).

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Friday June 25th (12:00 AM EDT) to Monday June 28th (11:00 PM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Monday June 28th (11:00 PM EDT) to Wednesday June 30th (10:00 PM EDT)

Results posted an hour (or so) thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. You must have a valid Canadian shipping address to participate in this Math Trade.

2. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

3. Geekgold & Gift Certificates shall not be allowed as an entry in this Math Trade (remember we are trying to get rid of the leftovers here) unless they are being used as a sweetener ONLY. No exceptions!

4. No other "Outside the scope of BGG" submissions will be allowed for this math trade (again we are trying to move the leftovers). No exceptions!

5. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

6. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

7. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

8. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.

9. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. You will be required to cover ALL shipping costs for any games you mail out to a valid Canadian address.

12. Any other questions or issues, just ask!

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Monday, June 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
%End%

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Canadian Leftovers Math Trade
We missed out on the following users:

# MISSING 12 WANTS (4.5%) FROM 3 USER(s) (6%):

# sirebelle (5)
# Stormblind (1)
# Toynan (6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Wants:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/56021-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results Summary:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (text):

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/56021-results-official.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sender required to pay full shipping? Nothing other than a valid Canadian Address is listed in your rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daezee wrote:
Sender required to pay full shipping? Nothing other than a valid Canadian Address is listed in your rules.

It was implied, but I'll add it to the rules for clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Daezee wrote:

It was implied, but I'll add it to the rules for clarification.

I figured as much. And it wasn't a question for me listing items. But I know assuming makes an ass out of u and me, and I didn't want there to be any confusion on anyones part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I've added a number of items (including some of the Ystari/Alea expansions that I still have left, which I'm really hoping will snag me that Jamaica Extra Treasures expansion)! whistle

In case anyone has any questions about my items, I'm heading away camping for the weekend so I likely won't be able to respond to anything until Sunday evening (not that I'm expecting any, but just in case)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will add my items, in the interests of encouraging the Math Trades, but I'm likely to be rather picky on my want lists, because I was rather successful in the last one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I add any new games I want to trade in this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobthesnake wrote:

I'm sure that would be fine. Just can't add non-game items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daezee wrote:
Bobthesnake wrote:

That's correct. All new games are fine. I'm just trying to cutdown on all the non-game and GC/GG entries (unless used as a sweetener).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albatros
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Daezee wrote:
Bobthesnake wrote:

That's correct. All new games are fine. I'm just trying to cutdown on all the non-game and GC/GG entries (unless used as a sweetener).

Excellent as I missed the original math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick reminder that there's only 1 day left to get your game submissions in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 hours remaining for any last minute entries...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Canadian Leftovers Math Trade - Open For Submissions
Trade list has been locked down, and we are now open for wantlist submissions. We ended up with only 1 invalid entry (#222). Any wants for this item will be manually deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With about 55% of the wantlists submitted, we have the following:

Num trades = 4 of 141 items (2.8%)

Hopefully things improve as more wantlists come in (or people loosen up their wants).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
86% of users have submitted want lists...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are now posted. We managed to get a paltry 7 trades in total.

Thanks to everyone for participating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I thought it was a good idea to have a "left-overs" math trade, especially with excluding geekgold and gift certificates. Even with only just the few trades, I would like this to continue every month after the main trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this shows how much the gift certificates "grease the wheels". Although, I think there was less participation because it was so close on the heels of the previous one.

I know that my want lists were shorter because I had good success in the first trade.

I'll participate in Canada trades in any case, but I worry that packing them too close together might dilute things too much - less urgency for everyone to get in this one, because there'll be another one right afterwards, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wood
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, what a bloodbath. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paperfred wrote:
I thought it was a good idea to have a "left-overs" math trade, especially with excluding geekgold and gift certificates. Even with only just the few trades, I would like this to continue every month after the main trade.

I've seen other "leftover" math trades work pretty well. However in this case most people had their wantlists tighter than a ducks ass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
paperfred wrote:

I've seen other "leftover" math trades work pretty well. However in this case most people had their wantlists tighter than a ducks ass.

I know that for me, I took Space Hulk off my availables because I ended up making another deal.

And, to be honest, without GCs being involved there wasn't much else that interested me.

With the cost of shipping what it is, I'm not gonna make a deal just for the sake of making a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonocop wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:
paperfred wrote:

I know that for me, I took Space Hulk off my availables because I ended up making another deal.

And, to be honest, without GCs being involved there wasn't much else that interested me.

With the cost of shipping what it is, I'm not gonna make a deal just for the sake of making a deal.

It seems that a lot of people value Gift Certificates quite highly. Unless it's a real trade up in value, I don't really see the math. For the person giving away the GC it's a great deal. They pay nothing in shipping and someone else pays to ship a game to them. But for me if I trade a game for a gift certificate, the person sending a gift certificate pays nothing except the value and I lose a game and 20 or so dollars in shipping. When I use the gift certificate I have to pay shipping again, unless I can get the GC to somewhere local. I guess it depends on how you look at it but I appreciate the other end of my trade also paying some shipping to get a game to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.