GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,240 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Tanto Cuore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some Additional Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Not knowing Japanese, we are primarily using Zimeons' Review of Tanto Cuore for the rules. Even though it does a fantastic job at explaining the game I still have a few questions.

1) If you have no additional buys on a turn and you buy an event card and play it on an opponent, does this use up your one buy? ( The employ = buy thing is hard to follow on this one... )

In Zimeons' rules explanation it says that the "curse" cards are bought "freely" and I am guessing that means it doesn't use up your buy for the turn. I am also assuming that you can only buy them during your own turn...

2) If one of the private maids that gives negetive victory points at the end of the game is sick at the end of the game, do you still lose those victory points?

3) Can you target your own maids with sickness cards?

I don't think this is legal, but given the last question there may be a strategical reason to do this.

4) Say I had Azure Crescent in my hand during my turn. If I use my serving to make her personal, do I still get the +1 employ from her on that turn as well, or when you make a maid personal do you forfeit any other benefits you would normally get form that maid?

I would be very grateful to anyone who can answer these questions for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. L.
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying an Event Card (Sickness, Bad Habit) costs you one buy (employ)
per card.

2) no sick maids give no VPs. doesn't matter if postive or negative points.

3) yes you can. so yes you can buy the twilight sisters and put a sickness card on top of them before the game ends to avoid loosing points.

4) If you make a maid personal you gain NO play bonuses from them. absolutely NOTHING.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much! If I had any geek gold I would drop some on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.