Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Catan Help (GG up for grabs) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I just bought Settlers of Catan and the 5-6 player expansion, and started putting them together in one box. And then, like a dope, I mixed together the number tokens without realzing that I was supposed to keep the tokens for the expansion separate from the base game.

So here's the deal: I need to know which is which. I hadn't punched out the expansion tokens A-D, and the tokens are the same for I and N. So the first person to tell me what the numbers are for tokens E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, and R gets five Geek Gold (my entire supply )

You can either tell me what they are for the original game or for the expansion, and I'll figure out what they are for the other, but just make sure it's clear (I don't wanna get them confused).

Ready, set, go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon craddock
United Kingdom
widnes
cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a-5
b-2
c-6
d-3
e-8
f-10
g-9
h-12
i-11
j-4
k-8
l-10
m-9
n-4
o-5
p-6
q-3
r-11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Payne
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
E8
F10
G9
H12
I11
J4
K8
L10
M9
N4
O5
P6
Q3
L10
R11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert L
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
The folllowing is for the original and is in order (ie E onwards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon craddock
United Kingdom
widnes
cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to say these are the numbers from the basic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Thanks!
Congratulations to Simon Craddick; the first person to give me a list of letters/numbers and the game that they corresponded to. 5GG for Simon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Whoops! Sorry; I didn't pay close enough attention. RooieKazooie actually got in first; Simon gave numbers and the game, but gave the game after RooieKazooie submitted his response. So RooieKazooie actually wins! (sorry Simon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
The GeekGold has been sent! Thanks to everybody who helped me out - this is indeed a great community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Roth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played a game of this once where the owner, unbeknownst to us, had mixed the tiles during a previous game and pulled out the wrong ones. He couldn't figure out how two players got such amazing numbers, and the game ended incredibly fast because we got such large amounts of every resource. When he discovered what he had done, he was really, really angry and told me I had to asterik my win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert L
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Thankyou divisionbyzorro!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
how to keep them separate
I had the same problem as you did, but I wanted to keep storing everything in the same box. I marked the back of the expansion hexes and chits so I can always tell them apart.

If they get mixed up in the future and you don't want to mark your set you can find out what belongs in the original set by looking at the picture of the starting setup in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the exact same thing. I used the set up map for the base game to figure out which tokens go with the first set and that worked well. I then proceeded to mark the backs all of the 5-6 tokens with a black dot to keep that from ever happening again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.