Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: A Proposal for BGG T&E. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fawkes and I are currently involved in a 2-Player T&E "Smackdown" here on BGG. He mentioned to me that he usually plays 2-Player T&E with four disaster tiles.

He indicates that this can offer more tactical play for the 2-Player game.

I was wondering if the inclusion of a "4 disaster tiles" option on the BGG 2-Player T&E game would be a good idea or not, or whether it could be done at all, from a programming standpoint.

Any comments from the crowd?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pieters
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree
I've never played E&T with an actual set of tiles, but I found the 2-player E&T on BGG overly-one-sided. I just assumed real life would be the same, but maybe not, if more disasters were allowed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra disaster tiles would suit the more aggressive play styles. Personally I prefer it with two.

What would be nice on the BGG T&E would be to have the English Variant as an option for the game, i.e. no throwing away tiles in defence that cannot possibly help you win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyman Hurd
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
options are good
Not sure I would use it but it doesn't sound like too serious a change and if it makes the game more enjoyable for someone, so be it laugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Artist Expansion
I'd like to see the Artist Expansion for two players:

http://www.poeppelkiste.de/varianten/expansion/et-expansion....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.