Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Clason
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased Holding for the first time in a recent game. It was my first gene purchase of that game. Early in the game, it didn't seem to useful. But as players purchased more amoebas, and the board became crowded, I found it to be more useful. Next time I purchase it, I will purchase it a little later in the game.

My gene purchases for the game were:
Holding
Life Expectancy
Tentacle
Ray Protection
2 other cheap genes I bought/rebought on the last 2 turns for their scoring value as genes.
I came in 2nd by 2 VP.

The winners core Genes were:
Substitution
Frugality
Tentacle
About halfway through the game, he went for maximum genes. Although he payed alot of BP and lost several genes to radiation, he was able to score for 6 genes once and 5 genes most of the 2nd half of the game.

Once question about Holding came up during the game:
Can a amoeba with Holding hold on to another amoeba of the same color. Example: If red has Holding and 2 red amoebas start in the same space, when the first amoeba drifts can the second amoeba drift with it (using Holding) and then drift again when its number comes up? This would effectively allow the second amoeba to drift twice before it ate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no restriction in the English that the amoeba being held must belong to an opponent. Parasitism does require an opponent, but Struggle for Survival even points out that you can eat your own ameobas. I see nothing wrong with holding onto your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.