GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,255 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Yard Sale in Seven Corners, VA area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In an effort to still rid myself of a doctor's bill the insurance has refused to pay for my son last summer, I am having a yard sale. You can see it at http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/gms/1809711860.html If you approach me as a BGGer; I will potentially sell some other games I am simply not willing to sell to the mass hordes... These include several I have posted recently on my Purge lists like the very rare Nuclear Armageddon, Baron, etc. as well as some others. I'll try and have a list of games with me at the sale and prices I am considering, if any of them seriously interest you, I would be happy to bring them out and let you examine and make an offer.

Please approach me and let me know you found out about it via Boardgamegeek.

Thanks!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the family and I will get a chance to stop bye. We're in the Kingstown/Alexandria area, so not that far from seven corners.

I noticed you owned LoTR, which I've been trying to keep an eye out for since my son (only 5 currently) is big on co-op games. Thinking it would be a hit for him. Would this be one that you'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price? :-)

-Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin - we're VERY much into Co-Op games and my wife and I are LotR fans, so we'll probably hold onto that one.

So quick note that I would like to stress; we are doing a yard sale predominantly to get at least a small amount of cash to pay for our son's doctor bills. Otherwise many of these I would hold onto... In fact, I'm both a collector and player - so there will be a real mix here.

Here is the 'Reserve' list I won't have out for the public... Feel free to discuss others, but don't be surprised if I choose not to ditch them yet. We're not totally desperate yet and hopefully won't get that way. Some of these are purely 'collectible' games others are more for play value - I'll be adding to them over the course of the day and will eventually close out with the games I'll have available to the masses. I am not going to put prices - you need to come by in person and make me an offer. After tomorrow evening, many of those that do not sell, I will certainly entertain offers for folks - just make them on this list. Any offer before midnight BGG time on 30 June -> 1 July will be considered. I'll go through on Thursday 1 July and see which I will accept. (It will be somewhat auction like.)

Without further delay - the Reserve List:

Galactic Destiny
Nuclear Armageddon
Pursuit! (Aurora)
Imperium
Stonehenge
Friedrich
Baron
Subbuteo (missing a few minor pieces, but fully playable as this is two sets that together give you more than enough)
Conspiracy (MB version)
Keep It Up
Block the Clock
Muppet Caper card game
Crown Red
Black Box
Risk Clone Wars edition
Risk/Castle Risk
Tahiti
Stealth Chess
Ergo
Crimson Skies (Wiz Kid version, every thing they made + some promo cards, many are still sealed)
Battle Stations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, understand perfectly. Figured "no harm in asking" :-).

Not sure if we'll end up stopping bye, though I would like to (wife + 5 year old is sick...ugh). FYI, I actually do a World in Flames game with a couple who just adopted a 2 year old girl from Russia. Was quite a story hearing about their taxi trip driving the "back roads" between Moscow and the convent where the adopted from (moral that I took from it - get drunk or take sleeping pills before going on the trip so you don't have to see how badly they drive :->.

A friend often has euro-gaming days, would you be interested in hearing about them next time she's throwing a gaming party? She's down off Route 1 S, maybe 15 minutes from the Rte 1 - 495 exchange in Old Town. Might be out of your neck of the woods, but we're always looking for fellow gamers/new blood.

-K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds cool - yeah let me know. That's pretty close seven corners, so getting over every now and again shouldn't be bad.

Folks - sale is going on now - I've also had tons of interest in the mid-century stuff I have for sale as well.

Let me post some of the more mainstream games I have up...

In the Party games - I have a copy of my favorite party game, Spinergy, Moods, Big Taboo, Malarky, Alias

In the Vintage games - Heads Up (E.S. Lowe), Ergo, Dig-It, Checkpoint: Danger!

In the more modern stuff, I have Clue (with the minis), Pirates of the Caribbean DVD game, Apples to Apples, Laser Battle, Ideology (1st edition)

For Abstracts - Strata 5, a Chess set, Totally, Backgammon (very nice set), Pathfinder. Some games are still in shrink...

The above is not fully inclusive... So come help a fellow geek out and buy his stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, hope all went well and you created some new gamers in your neighborhood! Turned out that everyone in the house but me came down with the cold, so we ended up just being low-key at the house. I'll pass along your geekmail addy to my friend and ask her to give me a heads up the next time she is organizing a game day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin - hope all in your family get better soon!

Cheers!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.