Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Game Con's in the Greater Toronto Area? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Scott
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I guess this is the first journal entry I've written, although I've been lurking throughout BGG for several months now.

Quick story - got 'back into' board games when I was visiting England this summer. I had played Axis and Allies, Shogun, (well, just about all of the MB gamemaster series, anwyays) Risk & Risk 2210, but I got into Euro games just this past summer with Settlers of Catan. (yeah, yeah, everyone's starter game)

Ok, lets get to the point. I've come back home now, and have expanded my games list. Yet, now that I'm home, I really want to attend a board game convention here in the Greater Toronto Area. Does anyone know of any? Any recurrent shows? I'd really love to check one out, see the vendors, smell the cola, etc. All help is welcome.

Other than that, (and now that I've come out of the shadows) I also want to say that I really like this site. And although the mods get my utmost respect for the creation of the site, I certainly love the comments on games made by the users. They've really helped me to pick some good games, avoid bad ones, and drool over others.

So thanks for the help, and I'll see you around here @ BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hey folks,

Ok, lets get to the point. I've come back home now, and have expanded my games list. Yet, now that I'm home, I really want to attend a board game convention here in the Greater Toronto Area. Does anyone know of any? Any recurrent shows? I'd really love to check one out, see the vendors, smell the cola, etc. All help is welcome.

Try Pandemonium in February. Info found here. http://realmsquest.org/pandemonium/index.html

There are also a couple of smaller ones - Orion and Ad Astra I think.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's not exactly Greater Toronto, but Rochester, NY is only a couple of hours away.

http://www.uny-con.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.