Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathew Anderson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Direct from Origins, the very first preview of Heroes of Graxia is at Purple Pawn!:

http://www.purplepawn.com/2010/06/second-look-heroes-of-grax...
Quote:
"I couldn’t buy it and they wouldn’t let me steal their demo copy (believe me, I considered it…), but I did get to sit down and play Petroglyph Games’ upcoming deck-building game, Heroes of Graxia. You know what? Whatever you’re currently thinking about this game, you’re probably wrong. This one is a winner."
- Purple Pawn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Street
United States
Mount Pleasant
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Currently very likely to either be roleplaying or planning to roleplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the cite (we try to avoid doing these ourselves blush )! For those who might be on the fence, definitely try to get a demo in. We were skeptical of this title, but after playing a full game, I'm a believer - this game is just plain fun and definitely isn't a Thunderstone clone (they're not actually that similar beyond the deck building mechanic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Varga
msg tools
Fore me, the game looks like a Heroes of Might & Magic V in a card game... heroes, units, spells, items... similar sized battlefield. I always wanted such a card game. I like the interaction and that we can play it again and again and it will be different every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rjstreet wrote:
Thanks for the cite (we try to avoid doing these ourselves blush )! For those who might be on the fence, definitely try to get a demo in. We were skeptical of this title, but after playing a full game, I'm a believer - this game is just plain fun and definitely isn't a Thunderstone clone (they're not actually that similar beyond the deck building mechanic).

I'm happy to hear that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yeah, yeah, but what about the combat? Is there really player interaction in a deck-building game? You betcha. Each game includes a set of monsters who can be attacked. Beat a monster and you get a number of victory points (and these monsters hit pretty hard). Here’s where it gets interesting – instead of attacking a monster, players can attack each other. Overextend yourself (attacking a particularly nasty monster can cause you really rack up some damage) and one of your fellow players will come over and take you apart. Killing off a legion nets a player prestige points which indicate when the game is over (you get a prestige point just for attacking another player – this can be a pretty savage little game).

This is probably the most interesting aspect of Heroes of Graxia, and one of its chief attractions. Does this work though? I guess that's the question that's still the subject of debate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.