11 Posts

Claustrophobia» Forums » Rules

Subject: some question about threat phase and blessed talent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wind ohho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my boyfriend play this game couple of times and we like it so far...

but we have some questions that is not so clear for us. Could some one please help us?

1- Is it ok to have more than 11 Trogs active on board?...I could not really find it on the rules book. My boyfriend said no...but I ,as demon player, the theme of game said "demon player control almost infinity army of demon creatures"...(well in fact it means next time have to think! rather than just let my demon walk around everywhere...

2- Do the demon player MUSS place all dice on board of destiny? it happen to us when we are in 2nd turn. Demon player rolls show 1,2 and 3. So he has enough TP from the last turn now he want more advantage by event card so the number 3 will be used....but then he cannot really do anything on the left over dice (number 1 and 2) so can he just ignore it?

3- now about blessed talent, it said "if the line of action that the warrior was using canceled it is immediately healed" so from my understanding ....the line of action have to be selected in order to be healed....for example, if my Condemned Brute is wounded on line 6. but I like him to be offensive this turn so I choose line 1 to him. and blessed him so he get +2 CBT. then could the line 6 be healed? I believe not.

Thank you for all the answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sheffield
United States
Aberdeen
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: some question about threat phase adn blessed talent
1- Sorry 11, is a hard limit on Trogs

2- Well, one NEVER has enough TP so you could put the three to draw a card, the two for TP and the one in the first box to roll an extra die next turn. Why wouldn't you want to do that> devil

3- Hmmm, I don't have the exact wording in front of me so I'll let someone else cover this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wells
United States
Centralia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: some question about threat phase adn blessed talent
3. You are correct. It only heals that wound if it is the line of action currently selected for that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wind ohho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kensheffield wrote:

2- Well, one NEVER has enough TP so you could put the three to draw a card, the two for TP and the one in the first box to roll an extra die next turn. Why wouldn't you want to do that> devil

I didn't do that last time because it was before I found out that red option on board of destiny can be selected one per turn not per game that was the reason why I wanted to keep it for later.

but anyway I think I got it thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CROC
France
Guyancourt
Yvelines
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
All correct ! It seems that players are have now a real good understanding of the game :-)

CROC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wilcoxon
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Huh? Copied directly from the pdf rulebook (and checked in the print version):

Abilities printed in red can only be selected once per game.
There are no limitations for the Abilities printed in
black.

Where did you get the idea that abilities in red were once per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wells
United States
Centralia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the rulebook is in error there. Croc and a FAQ have verified that it's once per threat phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
wilcoxon wrote:
Where did you get the idea that abilities in red were once per turn?

I'm fairly certain that CROC, who posted right before you, exactly knows what the designer intended when he wrote the rulebook, and where the rulebook is wrong.

Because CROC happens to be the designer.

Edit: Since this is not meant to offend anyone, I'll add a couple of smileys here

whistle laugh cool arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deckard Cole
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/5s7p2jf7eg/Clau...? link to errata including the once per turn rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wilcoxon
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. I found that after I posted that comment. Finding the FAQ and errata in English is a challenge. It doesn't seem to be linked anywhere on the official English site and wasn't linked in the English forums either (of course, the English forums don't seem to be linked from the official English site either).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
wilcoxon wrote:
Finding the FAQ and errata in English is a challenge. It doesn't seem to be linked anywhere on the official English site and wasn't linked in the English forums either (of course, the English forums don't seem to be linked from the official English site either).

There's game forums? Never noticed those, the BGG ones are really active and have CROC chiming in regularly...

I added a link to the FAQ as a comment to the blog post with the rules, to make them easier to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.